Just Radio (+DAB)

You need for both the driver for your dvb/dab stick. There is no magic if the driver is not working :)

I understand that. The question is which driver to use with Win 10? The one that I used for Win 7 does not work with Win 10.

As a test I ran TransEdit and tuned to a DVB-T channel. TransEdit correctly detects the device. A scan gave this result:

post-5516-0-97861100-1441008904_thumb.jpg

This can mean anything. Most likely is that the driver does not work. This would also cause the issue with the DAB+ inside JustRadio.

• 2 months later...

Just a quick notice :) I've got a lot stations by mail in the last year, so i decided to update also the JustRadio Desktop Version. As you know besides the Windows version, we also offer a OSX build. The screenshot shows the current state of the version:

Bildschirmfoto 2015-11-12 um 14.35.45.png

I changed a lot inside the UI in order to have a look and feel which is more OSX- resp. Windows-ish. 95% of the 67000 Radio Stations do not have high resolution logos, so i decided to create an algorithm which renders a good looking background. I calculate the main color of an image (by transforming the RGB color to HSV) and render a fractal with this color. The result looks awesome, even with extremely poor channel logos (smaller than 82x82 pixel).

By the way everything you see (except the channel logo) are no real images at all. I completely got rid of them and use SVG like Vectordata. This might be not the fastest way, but if you scale the window on an iMac5k you see the difference.

The player now comes with a small control window, and the already known bigger one. I also made a separate recording window, which allows to save unlimited amount of radio stations at the same time. The UI for this page is not complete, so i don't post a screenshot. Anyhow it runs nicely here and you can easily increase your audio library in this way.

Christian

• Like 2

Right now the recorder looks like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2015-11-13 um 20.29.12.png

Maybe somebody has a few suggestions for improvement. I want to keep it as simple as possible. There will be a selection which shows all recorded stations, but overall i want to keep it as clean as possible. The idea is to select the most favorite stations which are recorded the whole time. I don't want to offer timed recordings. Since there is no epg at all i don't see any reason for. And if you keep in mind that a radio station record for 24h is smaller than 2 hours of regular tv recordings there is no real need for.

Hi Christian,

just installed v1.0.5.7. Cosmetic problem: The version info (Hilfe - Über Just Radio) states it is still v1.0.5.4.

Functional problem: Can't get french stations to work. No error, no sound. E.g. Try France Inter in Paris Region.

Can you confirm this problem?

Thanks.

Chris

Hi,

well the database in the current public version is not updated yet. I tested them here and they run nicely with the new database.

Christian

Ah, okay. Please keep us informed when you publish a new version, where these stations start working again.

Or is there a way to manually update the database from v1.0.5.7 in order to fix this?

Maybe you can translate the following lines into french?

I have English, German, Spanish, and Italian so far.

Root

About Just Radio
Hide Just Radio
Hide Others
Show All
Quit Just Radio
Favorites
Sleep Timer
Sleep Timer off
Sleep Timer in %s min
Map
Add To Favorite
Delete From Favorite
Stations
Search
Window
Artist Cover
Find Song in iTunes
Fullscreen
Spectrum
Disabled
Waveform
FFT
Logarithmic
3D
Services
Help
Minimize Window
Zoom
Controls
Play
Pause
Record
Stop
History
Found Channels: %d
Current Ensemble: %s
Create new Station
&Station:
&Description:*
&Country:
&City:
&URL:
&Logo-URL:*
Send
Cancel
&Split by Title
Played Songs
Config Folder
Stream not available!
Equalizer...
Fluid Dynamics
Check for Updates...
A new database version is available. Do you want to update?
Yes
No
Add
Delete
Ok
Recorder...
Tracks
Recordings
Recorded: %0.2fMB (%0.2fMB/s)
Volume Up
Volume Down
Mute
Current Song
Received
Status
DAB Scanner
Mini Player

Sorry, french is not my first language. Understanding it is not the same as expressing yourself in it...

I don't think I'm qualified.

Any french nationals here in the forum?

Translate Spanish 1.0

Añadir a Favorito
Eliminar de Favorito
Estaciones
Buscar
Ventana
Imagen del artista
Encuentra la canción en iTunes
Pantalla completa
Spectrum
Deshabilitado
Waveform
FFT
Logarithmic
3D
Services
Ayuda
Minimizar ventana
Zoom
Controles
Play
Pausar
Grabar
Parar
Historial
Canales encontrados: %d
Tema actual: %s
Crear nueva Estación
&Estación:
&Descripción:*
&País:
&Ciudad:
&URL:
&URL de la imagen:*
Envíar
Cancelar
&Dividir por título
Temas anteriores
Carpeta de configuración
¡Señal no disponible!
Ecualizador...
Fluid Dynamics
Buscar actualizaciones...
Una nueva versión de la base de datos está disponible. ¿Quiere actualizar?
Si
No
Añadir
Eliminar
Ok
Grabar...
Temas
Grabaciones
Grabar: %0.2fMB (%0.2fMB/s)
Subir Volumen
Bajar Volume
Mute
Programa/tema actual
Recibido
Estado
Escáner DAB
Mini Reproductor

• Like 1

Ok, here goes. Any french natives, feel free to correct me!

Racine

A propos de Just Radio

Cacher Just Radio

Cacher autres

Montrer tous

Quitter Just Radio

Favoris

Compte à rebours

Désactiver compte à rebours

Compte à rebours dans %s min

Carte

Ajouter aux favoris

Enlever des favoris

Stations

Chercher

Fenêtre

Couverture

Chercher titre dans iTunes

Plein écran

Spectre

Désactivé

Ondulation

FFT

Logarithmique

3D

Services

Aide

Minimer Fenêtre

Zoom

Contrôles

Lecture

Pause

Enrégistrer

Stop

Histoire

Trouvé stations: %d

Ensemble actuel: %s

Ajouter nouvelle station

&Station:

&Description:*

&Pays:

&Ville:

&URL:

&Logo-URL:*

Envoyer

Annuler

&Partager par titre

Titres joués

Repertoire de configuration

Stream pas disponible!

Equalizer...

Dynamique de fluides

Mise à jour

Une nouvelle version de la base de donnés est disponible. Voulez vous une mise à jour?

Oui

Non

Ajouter

Effacer

Ok

Enrégister…

Titre

Enrégistrements

Enrégistré: %0.2fMB (%0.2fMB/s)

Volume +

Volume -

Muter

Titre actuel

Reçu

Condition

DAB Scanner

Lecteur miniature

Christian already has this, thought it might also be of general interest: Here is a PDF from Radio France with all the direct links to their radio streams, both in low quality and medium quality. Found it while googling a medium quality link Christian had found and sent me.

HTH

www.radiofrance.fr/sites/default/files/pages_uploaded_files/radio_france_-_adresses_flux_mp3_-_mai_2015.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

The final build is now available for download at http://www.justradio.org. I thought it would be available in the same time with the apple version, but apple has the application in review since 5 days. Not sure why a update will take so long, but from the coding point of view it was a complete rebuild :)

Christian

hmm, maybe a script issue. You can find the file under www.justradio.org/files/justradio.exe.

Christian

PS: Yepp, was a bug in the download script.

PPS: I will also sign the binary with a valid certificate.

Thanks for the feed back. The OSX build passed the review (after 5 days of testing). I will fix the terms page just while writing these lines.

Bildschirmfoto 2015-12-07 um 20.11.20.jpg

Christian

Yes it should show up, but it seem to be that not always. I will check that out and reupload the binary.

I've reuploaded the binary. While the debug version works fine, the release did not in this certain case.

Christian

True, I have only 3D.

Windows 10 Build 10586 (v1511/th2) 64 bit.

AMD Radeon R7 200 Series.

​Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.11.1.

Edited by Residentcl

The problem is only under windows and only in the release mode. This was an issue in the older build too, until i rewrote the code. I thought this problem was gone while using Delphi XE10. Therefore i used XE5 and it seem to be compiler related. Running the same build on OSX i don't have this problem. I will check it out in detail, later today :)

The Android build will be updated, once i found a way to restore my playstore .keystore file. Never loose this file, because you won't be able to upload updates without :( What i can do is to update the database on the server in order to get rid of obsolete stations.

Addentum:

It seem to be compiler related, because the "reason" for the behavior is this code:

procedure FillDWord(var Dest; Count, What: Cardinal); assembler;

begin
asm
mov EDI,Dest
MOV ECX,Count
MOV EAX,What
CLD
REP STOSD
end;
end;
Somehow it does not only fill the dest pointer - at least not if i compile under release mode :(

Christian

What do you mean with update info? For the application? I will consider this for one of the next releases. Right now you have the database update function.

Did somebody realized that it is possible to record unlimited amount of stations and the records are splitted if possible automatically.

Christian

I think it says the option of adding new application updates in the "About Just Radio"

In DVBViewer I never left me notice if there is new version of the application About DVBViewer Pro,

Did somebody realized that it is possible to record unlimited amount of stations and the records are splitted if possible automatically.

Yes :)

Update Translate Spanish 1.1:

DAB Scanner: Escanear DAB

Check for Updates...: Buscar actualizaciones de radios...

A new database version is available. Do you want to update?: Una nueva actualización de radios está disponible. ¿Quiere actualizar?

Equalizer...: Ecualizador...

Thanks, the next version will have an update notification. What does "a new version is available." mean in spanish?

Una nueva versión está disponible.

I've published a new version. This one shows a red text field in the about window, if there is a new version. I also fixed a problem while saving the favorites at the end. Under certain circumstances it simply did not stored added favorites.

I've added the ability to use Sonique Visualizer Plugins :) The same code is inside the pro version, so adding it was quite easy. Since i use DirectX for rendering it is extremely fast. Will be in the new update (probably tomorrow).

Christian

Good update, No more problems with Spectrum :)

This one shows a red text field in the about window, if there is a new version.

The other version "5.0.0.5" I get no notice of the new version :(