Device status window and a few other things

Cian

Hi,

I have been using DVBViewer for quite a few years, so fisrt of all, thanks! it's without doubt the best value software ever!!

There are a few things that would have helped in the past, so I thought I would pop them down and see if any of them strike a chord.

1.) When a new version of the recording service, the version number is in the download filename. Could you do the same with DVBViewer please? Would help keep track of the releases. At the moment I have to rename by hand.

2.) I run RS on a PC on the attic with multiple receivers (BGT3602 for 2 x DVBS2 and 2 x DVB-T, DVBSky Dual head for 2 x DVB-S2 and Terratec Cinergy for 1 x DVB-S2 motorised dish). In the past, I had issues with one of the cards, and with this set-up, it was difficult to tell which card was misbehaving, since I was viewing dowstairs through the Unicast set-up. Could the server name of the card be displayed on the remote machine?

Also I never know which device is recording what or streaming to where. Could there be a status window for the cards? Card A is recording this transponder, card B is streaming to this device etc? Could the card that recorded a programme be added to the program descriptor? All of this would help solve card issues much more easily!

3.) I have multiple monitors connected to my HTPC. When F1 is on, I like to have the race on the main screen (a projector), and the pit-lane channel/on-board feed on a second monitor which at the moment I generate using VLC. (Using PIP would cover up too much of the main feed). Is there any way that a single instance of DVBViewer could generate both screens? I tried DVBViewerGE, but that does not open Unicast devices. I looked at the instructions for a dual instance install but Griga is obviously uncomfortable with that set-up, so I am too!!!

Not sure if these are doable, but if you don't ask...!!!

Thanks again,

C.

2.) go to the web interface of your remote server -> status and -> configuration. There you'll see your hardware devices.

RS configuration -> recordings -> write log file

[General]
Version=1.1

[Media]
Created=31.05.2014 00:00:01
Channel=BBC Two HD (AC3,eng)

[0]
Id=45251
Date=31.05.2014
Time=00:05:00
Duration=01:05:00
Title=Later... with Jools Holland
Info=7/7. Joining Jools for the last in the series are Glastonbury headliners Arcade Fire, Imelda May, Wild Beasts, Sharon Van Etten, Kwabs, Damien Jurado and Hank Marvin. [HD]
Series=
Description=[16:9] [H.264] [HD]|[AC-3] [eng]
Charset=255
Content=48
MinimumAge=0
TimerID={D878D513-063E-4070-88D6-FC7F67B084C7}

[stats]
Errors=0
Size=4,00 GB (4291951264 bytes)
Avr. Datarate=0,853 MB/s
Device=Prof 7500 DVBS Tuner (3)

In the past, I had issues with one of the cards, and with this set-up, it was difficult to tell which card was misbehaving, since I was viewing dowstairs through the Unicast set-up.

You can Open the web-interface > Status the card with a % value at the end is currently revising a channel.

Could the card that recorded a programme be added to the program descriptor?

Enable "Create Information File" or "Write Log-file" both are containing the information.

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Options_Service_-_Recordings

I tried DVBViewerGE, but that does not open Unicast devices.

The DVBViewer GE supports Sat>IP/RTSP streaming. And the RS is a Sat>IP Server.

The old Unicast is not supported.

Multiple installations of one DVBViewer are possible but not really supported.

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Multiuser_mode#Making_multiple_installations

2.) go to the web interface of your remote server -> status and -> configuration. There you'll see your hardware devices.

RS configuration -> recordings -> write log file

Thanks - will try and remember that for the next time I start to have issues!

You can Open the web-interface > Status the card with a % value at the end is currently revising a channel.

I don't quite understand what you mean by opening with a % value. If I go to the status page, I can see the list of devices, but not the individual status of each device i.e. which transponder is it currently tuned to, and is it writing to a file, serving the HTPC or streaming to a mobile device?

The DVBViewer GE supports Sat>IP/RTSP streaming. And the RS is a Sat>IP Server. The old Unicast is not supported.

Thanks - that's working perfectly. Encrypted channels are not being displayed in the channel list - is that normal behaviour for GE?

Are there advantages using IP/RSTP instead of Unicast devices in the regular DVBViewer? Are there plans to drop Unicast?

Multiple installations of one DVBViewer are possible but not really supported.

That was why I was trying to use GE instead - I would only have screwed it up and made far more work for myself. Better to have stand-alone software that keeps itself to itself!!

Thank for the replies,

C.

Edited by Cian

If I go to the status page, I can see the list of devices, but not the individual status of each device i.e. which transponder is it currently tuned to, and is it writing to a file, serving the HTPC or streaming to a mobile device?

You can't see directly which device use which card.

Only if you have one streaming client. You can determine which card it is using.

Thanks - that's working perfectly. Encrypted channels are not being displayed in the channel list - is that normal behaviour for GE?

Is "has CI" enabled by the RTSP device?

Are there advantages using IP/RSTP instead of Unicast devices in the regular DVBViewer?

You can use the (help >) Recording Service Wizard for the configuration ;) And if you use UDP it is a little bit less network traffic.

But no real benefits or downsides.

Are there plans to drop Unicast?

Currently no, but there will be no future development related to Unicast device.

Encrypted channels are not being displayed in the channel list - is that normal behaviour for GE?

No. Tell me what you did, and I tell you how you lost them.

No. Tell me what you did, and I tell you how you lost them.

Figured it out - I copied the channels.dat from the Program folder rather than the Program Data folder :blushing:

Am I correct in thinking that (assuming I don't use PiP) that I only need to add one device for Astra 28.8 and that RS will stream from whichever card is available? (I think that this relates to my earlier question about which physical device is actually doing the streaming!))