Problem with flowplayer.

Cian

Hi,

I have not been using flowplayer much in the last while since the Android App was released, but I have recently had my broadband upgraded, and I want to access my recordings remotely. However, I am getting an error in flowplayer

"200 Stream Not Found" and lists the descriptors of the playbeck settings.

If I click on the Direct stream, it plays properly in VLC, so the file exists. I have tried on the server machine, a local lan machine and via internet, so it's not a router thing. I have tried on Firefox and Internet explorer (explorer does not display the message, it justs shows the continuous circle). I have also upgraded to the latest version of ffmpeg.

Has anyone else encountered this error and if so have you found a cure?

Thanks,

C.

Edited by Cian

Is streaming live TV in flowplayer working?

And why are you not posting a support.zip?

It's not working on Live TV either. Interestingly, I just had a friend check it on externally and it worked OK for him.

I didn't post a support.zip because I don't believe that the problem is with DVBViewer or RS but with some setting on my computer (and my friend has proved that) but I am happy to post one if you think it might help.

Thanks,

C.

EDIT: It's also working on my Android tablet. Getting annoyed with myself now. Will try on a few more PC's around the house.

Edited by Cian

OK if it is working for some one else. Is not a encoding problem which would be possible from the first description. And my be visible in the svcdebug.log.

Have you tried it via http://127.0.0.1:8089/ (local host).

My first guess would be a wired firewall configuration. Which blocks connections from the local subnet only.

OK if it is working for some one else. Is not a encoding problem which would be possible from the first description. And my be visible in the svcdebug.log.

Have you tried it via http://127.0.0.1:8089/ (local host).

My first guess would be a wired firewall configuration. Which blocks connections from the local subnet only.

Localhost is failing too! I know the local ports are open because I checked them when opening the ports for the external access. Also the Android access was LAN rather than WAN.

There was a post in the German forum with the same issue, but they put it down to different browsers.

Now that I realise that I can still access it from outside, I'm not so worried because I can use the direct stream for LAN access. It would be nice to get a definitive answer though!

Here is the full error message.

post-65222-0-51585800-1407018133_thumb.jpg

The version of Java is up to date and the RS is 1.29

C.

Edited by Cian

Port is most probably not your problem. There is a port answering with http err: 200.

I d check two things.

Does recording 7639 really exist ? I guess yes, but still worth a check.

Is ffmpeg starting ? I tend to think this is your problem. No working ffmpeg, no stream.

Edited by mague

Does recording 7639 really exist ? I guess yes, but still worth a check.

Recording is definitely there because it plays on the direct stream in VLC

Is ffmpeg starting ? I tend to think this is your problem. No working ffmpeg, no stream.

This is the more interesting one - I think you have hit the nail on the head! I have had lots of little user right issues over the years with this version of Windows 7 (Professional) on both the HTPC and the RS server PC. Even though the only account on the machines is set up with administrator rights, there are still processes that will refuse to run if they are not run as administrator. For example, to run my EPG Collector, I have to set it up as a Windows system timer rather than from within the RS because it simply will not run.

To check, ffmpeg does not start in the Task Manager when I request the stream and thus flowplayer cannot give me the stream. I have now checked it on a Windows 8 machine with a Home licence and it works perfectly. At least I now have an explanation, and sometime I will learn how to convince the machines that the user with admin rights has the same rights as the Administrator user!

Thanks for the explanation.

C.