Issue with recording 5.1 surround on Cmore

bw76

Hi,

I hope someone can help me out with this very frustrating issue. Cmore channels switch back and forth between 2.0 Stereo and 5.1 Surround. If I want to record a program with 5.1 and it starts a little earlier (because I dont want to miss the beginning), and the program before is in 2.0 stereo. The 5.1 recording is lost for the entire program. How can this be? There is no problem if the channel outputs 5.1 when recording starts - even if sometime during the recording, the channel switches to 2.0 Stereo. I have tried different codecs, but it doesnt seem to help. Is there a setting which Im missing?

I have choosen the AC3 version of the channel and I also allow for All sound channels.

Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 years later...
On 6/8/2014 at 8:11 PM, bw76 said:

Hi,

I hope someone can help me out with this very frustrating issue. Cmore channels switch back and forth between 2.0 Stereo and 5.1 Surround. If I want to record a program with 5.1 and it starts a little earlier (because I dont want to miss the beginning), and the program before is in 2.0 stereo. The 5.1 recording is lost for the entire program. How can this be? There is no problem if the channel outputs 5.1 when recording starts - even if sometime during the recording, the channel switches to 2.0 Stereo. I have tried different codecs, but it doesnt seem to help. Is there a setting which Im missing?

I have choosen the AC3 version of the channel and I also allow for All sound channels.

Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Sorry, I know this is an old thread but it's the only one I've found that describes exactly my problem. Did you found any answer please?

Thank you.

On 6/2/2017 at 1:58 AM, incognita said:

Hello,

Sorry, I know this is an old thread but it's the only one I've found that describes exactly my problem. Did you found any answer please?

Thank you.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with DVBViewer, so apologies if you know all this already.

You could check a few things:

1. In DVBViewer, click Settings -> Options and select the General Tab. Check that you have "Prefer AC3 for file playback."

2. What does your status bar for your audio show? (In DVBViewer, click View->Show Status Bar). If will tell you what type of audio is playing back - AC3 or normal stereo)

If things are exactly as you describe, and as a pure guess, it might be your audio decoder is not decoding 5.1, so it is most likely your audio decoder settings. What decoder are you using, what audio system do you have and how are you feeding the audio from the PC to the audio system?

You audio settings can be found by clicking Settings -> Options and select DirectX. You then click on the Audio tab.

On 4/6/2017 at 11:15 AM, Cian said:

I'm not sure how familiar you are with DVBViewer, so apologies if you know all this already.

You could check a few things:

1. In DVBViewer, click Settings -> Options and select the General Tab. Check that you have "Prefer AC3 for file playback."

2. What does your status bar for your audio show? (In DVBViewer, click View->Show Status Bar). If will tell you what type of audio is playing back - AC3 or normal stereo)

If things are exactly as you describe, and as a pure guess, it might be your audio decoder is not decoding 5.1, so it is most likely your audio decoder settings. What decoder are you using, what audio system do you have and how are you feeding the audio from the PC to the audio system?

You audio settings can be found by clicking Settings -> Options and select DirectX. You then click on the Audio tab.

Hi again,

Thank you very much for answer to me. I think I'm very familiar with DVBViewer but all info is always welcome. Maybe the issue is a basic issue, like in this case.

I've good news, I found my stupid problem :blush: DVBViewer is correctly configure to play 5.1 and my sound system is well setting up. I usually use another program to play the recordings or even I transcode them. Then, the problem was a combination of programs that weren't able to handled the surround audio if the track starts with stereo format and not seeing that the 5.1 track was the second and not the default one (which starts like a stereo track and change to surround mode when it's needed. Something I've never seen before).

Sorry for waste your time and thank you again, really. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for my poor English.

Edited by incognita