TransEdit - gap on transponder scanning

marianob85

Hello,

From time to time I use transedit to refresh my program list.

Because I have changed my DVB card and problem persist I decided to write.

The problem concerns lot's of transponder frequencies so I only describe one case. I always use latest transponder list from http://pl.kingofsat.net/%C2'>

There is no problem when scanning channels only from freq 11411 from Hot Bird 13E. But when I select two element next to each other ( it will be 11393 and 11411 ) the 11411 is not scanning (PAT, PMD, SDT is red ). The funny thing is when I select only 11373 and 11411 the 11411 is scanned correctly :/

This is not just a problem with freq 11411. There is much more freq. which is not scanned while scanning using all freq. from transponder ( I always use ScanAll from TransEdit ). It always scan correctly when is selected as the only one.

Right now I'm using Skystar 2 express HD. My previous card was SkyStar HD2 with the same result.

Check with:

Technisat Driver 4.6 and 4.7

TransEdit 3.9.5 as well as 4.0.7

Using Win7x64

Moved card to completely different PC - problem persist ( the same os Win7x64 )

All variances of:

• Stop stream while tuning
  • Use internal Network Provider filter
  • Use standard interface

I really do not want to scan each freq. separately :(

There is no problem when scanning channels only from freq 11411 from Hot Bird 13E. But when I select two element next to each other ( it will be 11393 and 11411 ) the 11411 is not scanning (PAT, PMD, SDT is red ). The funny thing is when I select only 11373 and 11411 the 11411 is scanned correctly :/

11393 and 11411 use different polarisation. To switch from 11393Vertical to 11411Horizontal the LNB voltage has to change from 13V to 18V. Maybe your card doesn't provide sufficient voltage.

Pls. submit a support.zip and describe your sat equipment.

Unfortunately I live in a flat ( new one ) and We have one common dish (I do not know how to properly translate it - MATV system ? ). On once coaxial cable I have access to 19.2E, 13E and T-DVB, One is connected to DreamBox 800SE and second to DVB card. Of course I have no access to TV-SAT switch devices.

I remembered that 'retune on missing stream after' in DVBViewer need to be set, otherwise I have problem with switching channels on my DVB card. :/ It need one more retune to show channel.

DreamBox has no problem with scanning transponder or even switching channels.

Could it be Technisat driver related problem ? ( occurred on both cards mentioned in fist post ). If no, is it possible to add some kind 'retune' functionality for better transponder scanning ( like in DVBViever )?

Regards,

Mariusz.

support.zip

Set 'retune attempts' in trans edit does not change anything :/

edit. Mesured voltage:

14,05V for V,

19,65V for H, switch for each polarization changed with no problems.

Edited by marianob85

F... :glare: It always seemed to me that simple A simple B is diseq command, not tone burst signals. It works but not as expected :/

These are the consequences of not reading the instructions :book:

Sorry guys for wasting time.

simple A simple B is diseq

that could be the problem. Why did you choose "simple"? Try A/A for astra and B/A for hotbird or the other way round.

btw. the simple diseqc implementation never worked correctly ;)

btw. the simple diseqc implementation never worked correctly ;)

I don't think so, I'm using simpleA/simpleB in my config (Skystar 2 v. 2.3P, HotBird/Astra) from at least 10 year without a single fault so far: obviously depends on the specific DiSEqC box you are using... :bye:

that could be the problem. Why did you choose "simple"? Try A/A for astra and B/A for hotbird or the other way round.

This is exactly what I did yesterday :)

3 Years ago, when I moved to my new flat I needed to change my settings to use multiple sattelite. I saw Simple A and Simple B so I thought that is diseq command. It works more or less so I stayed at these settings.

Right now I set A/A for hotbird and B/A for astra, and it works flawlessly.