Start OSD Public Beta

Guest Lars_MQ

Guest Lars_MQ

I put the international version of the OSD Public Beta into the membersarea.

You find it in the Beta section.

You need following files:

-Public Beta OSD

Grundpaket

(thats the base package with all graphics etc.)

- Public Beta OSD

Programm Paket 0.xx

(that's the program, on updates only this one will be changed, as long as not stated otherwise)

README

------

This is the betaversion of the new DVBViewer OSD.

For testing purpose it's a simplyfied DVBViewer"Clone".

------------------------------------

No TV-functionality is available   !

------------------------------------

The program can play all Mediafile, the MS mediaplayer is capable playing.

Once again it's a BETA Version.

The whole pupouse of the software is finding error before integrating it into the DVBViewer. (and ofcourse getting userfeedback and suggestions)

At the moment the OSD uses a relativly simple skin with graphics I "lend" in the web. But there will be own real nice skins.

At the moment I consider the development as more important than the "beauty", but this will come in time B)

The programm uses a shorten version of the new option dialog of the upcoming DVBViewer release.

Working are the parts language selection, Pictures, DaemonTools, Input and under recorder the Rec-Database page.

Known Problems

----------------

In Fullscreenmode not ever key work, beats me why, but it's related to the Cloneprogram not the OSD.

[...]

-----------------------------------------------

DON'T install into your DVBViewer Directory!!!!

-----------------------------------------------

Please use a different path to decompress the files, thats all for this part.

Now you need the following files from the DVBViewer directory. Just copy them into the OSDTest dir:

To have some data to play with you should update the epg.dat with the DVBViewer by zapping some channels.

- epg.dat

- channels.dat

- favourites.ini

- setup.ini

All further instructions can be found in the readme.txt.

Have fun

lars

Guest Lars_MQ

Wow well at least one response :bye:

Ok, a new version is uploaded (0.72). If you update, simply copy the files over the old ones. Otherwise read the beginning of the thread for instructions.

What's new?

- a help file (work in progress)

- videofiles can be selected and played (htpcmenu -> themovies)

- dvd can be played (support is absolutely rudimental, no guaranty it will work for you due to the directshow mess)

- autoplay support for dvds.

- speed improvements

- variable jump in playbacks

- speedcontrol in playbacks if supported by the codec

- visual feedback on channelswitching and mediacontrolactions

- reworked the internal plumbing of the timeline, takes less cpu power now and it's faster.

- more Options (yeah they're even explained in the helpfile (w00t) )

For detailed informations have a look at the help file.

Have fun

lars

and remember this is your chance to influence the development, so give feedback, ideas and wishes....

Guest Lars_MQ

Just a little update about the next steps.

To Do on my list:

- support of Playlists (m3u, pls, 4s - you know any other important?)

- the musik - playback and organizing (ID3) of mp3s and audio cds

- datainput for the OSD

of course all the plugins for the newOSD will be ported (weather, games und some new will also arise like rss feeds, maybe email... well we will see :bye: ) oh yeah I almost forgot, a skinner for the osd is also on the to do list.

lars

Hi Lars_MQ and sorry for my latency...

Good work, but many control doesn't function anymore even from the keyboard even from the RC; I think the problem reside in the English.lng file that's only 19K long vs. 50K of the German one...

Despite of this, all things you add (e.g. recording function in the timeline, speedcontrol etc.) works like a charm!

One little thing to improve the usability: without OSD-menu, pressing OSD-OK a second time would have to hide the progress bar...

Other wishes (sorry if I repeat myself :bye:):

• event bar colored by event type

• EPG event filtering (e.g. by type)

Maybe a simpler alternative to those functions could be an "higligth" function, where one can choose, from the option menu a specifical bar coloration for a certain type of event (see the attachment)

Tanks a lot!

Gioxy ;)

post-23-1102340479_thumb.jpg

Guest Lars_MQ
Good work, but many control doesn't function anymore even from the keyboard even from the RC;

Which controls do you mean? Maybe you have to redefine your keys?

the size of the lng file doesn't matter, the german one includes all DVBViewer-stuff, the english one only the real needed (I was too lazy to sort the german file ;) )

Well the coloring, I will work on it. but first I like to have all basic functions working. right now I have the textinputstuff nearly working (damn scrolling, if I can't get it working you all have to use very short texts when inputing something ;) ) and also the playlist (which needs the textinput :bye: ).

Guest Lars_MQ
One little thing to improve the usability: without OSD-menu, pressing OSD-OK a second time would have to hide the progress bar...

You mean the one showing the playbacktime and so? I think a second ok press should close it. I have a look at it.

[edit]Well it was meant to be this way, obviously I broke something :bye: [/edit]

Which controls do you mean?

...at least Volume+ & -, mute and Teletext...

Of course I tried to redefine keys, but doesn't help at all... notice that also the keys aren't working, while with the previous v. was all fine...

But I'm sure that something really needed for OSD to work is missing in the english.lng file: in fact in various windows the name of the button is substitute with a number... (I only remember, for example, those of event programming window and "Eject" & "DVDPlay" in the HTPC part)

When at home, i'll give a try with the old english.lng file...

Cheers

Gioxy :bye:

Guest Lars_MQ
...at least Volume+ & -, mute and Teletext...

If I remember correctly, somewhere in the readme is written, which keys actually work. I haven't integrated functions, that are purely done by the DVBViewer. it would overload the program too much, because I have to do it exactly the way the DVBViewer does it otherwise we will get problems when implementing the stuff into the DVBViewer.

for volumecontrol I hardcoded the "+" and "-" keys.

in fact in various windows the name of the button is substitute with a number... (I only remember, for example, those of event programming window

OK I see, I once again broke something. A workaround for now is just select the language again in the optionsdialog and press apply (or OK). Sorry for that. But I fixed it and hopefully in the next beta all will work again. :bye:

lars

Ok ok, I never be anxious about those little beta bug, I wrote it only FYI...

In Italy we say "La notte porta consiglio" (the night is full of advise)... so tonight I have had another "shining idea" ;) about EPG, to see at once "which are next events interesting for me?": a separate page wich show only the event of a specific genre (singolarly coloured), like e.g. all type of movie in yellow, the sport events in red, the news in green and so on... (the colour association could be made by something like I post up) but not rendered as time table, I mean simply queued by time, clickable to see the detail (...I'm breathlessness ;), but I think you get the point...)

...and sorry if I insist in hoping that something like that can be included in your OSD; it's because IMHO there isn't yet a real userfriendly interface to manipulate a huge mess of data that MHW contain (...at least the Sky Italy one, about 15K-20K event/week) and also because I hope that a MHW plugin will be included in next DVBViewer ver... :P:bye:

Cheers

Gioxy ;)

Guest Lars_MQ
a separate page wich show only the event of a specific genre (singolarly coloured),

Well the Genre works only if a tv-station support (means sends) it with the epg. In germany you will only get as example the "öffentlich/rechtlichen" stations (the stations we have to pay for and endure by law - ARD, ZDF and all the other money burning stations ;) ).

So it may be possible if you only rely on the genreview, that you miss the best stuff ;)

But I write it on my list :bye:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lars_MQ

Well, it may be that on some systems the video doesn't work, but that's a problem of dem demo-program itself (it's as simple as possible, so I spend time for the real OSD work not for making it run perfectly :unsure: ).

Currently I'm working on freeDB integration for audio CDs. so we also get the audio-mediapart up and running.

And then I will concentrate on making the whole stuff really nice looking (skin designing) :huh:

lars