Beta Update later this day!

Guest hackbart

After testing it for two month I come to the following conclusions:

It is pretty stable, although it does crash from time to time following many channel switches, or if the program has been running for 1 or two days continously, e.g. for recording individual broadcasts. Overall it runs more stable than all previous (beta and non beta versions) I had on my computer.

You can't turn off video and audio display (e.g. when I want to have it in standby for recording).

Recorded streams can only be played from begining to end. If I want to e.g. forward it to the middle of the file the program crashes.

It would be convenient to be able to use the "graphic" EPG display for channel switiching and programming.

Sometimes the programm uses all resources and more or less freezes the whole computer during program start up. This happens not very often but is annoying since I have to restart or even hard reset the computer. I assume that this is south bridge related since it appears to happen if the hard disk had already been shuffling large data volumes across the disk array.

Overall good stuff, especially for a beta!!!

You can't turn off video and audio display (e.g. when I want to have it in standby for recording).

You can. But there's no need for a standby mode at all because of the task scheduler.

Recorded streams can only be played from begining to end. If I want to e.g. forward it to the middle of the file the program crashes

No, Windows (seemingly) crashes. That's due to the MS demuxing filter. For the time being you ought to install the Elecard demuxer. In the short term future the DVBViewer will use its own demuxing filter, the same one that is used for live tv.

Bye

"standby mode", yes you're right there is no NEED for a standby mode, but as long as the adio and video output in DVBViewer is on most programs can't initialize audio and video playback. E.g. if I want to watch a recorded movie while DVBViewer is recording a tv-show. Currently my workaround is to use VLC which manages to do so with DVBViewer inbackground. Only for sound I have to be carefull to start DVBViewer, stop it, start vlc and play a movie. Since I don#t watch live TV most of the time it would be convenient to keep DVBViewer on all the time but to cancel video and audio output.

If thats not to difficult to integrate I would love to see it (as it was in previous versions).

If it is integrated I would love to know how this inactivation is activated.

Regards,

Nagar

Edited by Toby

The Disable AV function in the DVBViewer's Recorder Control Window stops the decoders/renderers by sending them 0 byte samples (sending them nothing would result in a kind of deadlock) - maybe not enough to make other apps happy (which is a bit poor - media players should still be able to play video / audio if another filter graph is active).

However, video/audio rendering can be completely switched off by using the Graph Selector Plugin (Service Center).

It provides sample graphs in which the decoders / renderers are replaced by null renderers. Please refer to the ReadMe.