Streaming to Windows Phone, Windows 10

Nanohcv

Because of the missing api for the streaming profiles, i parse the streaming profiles from the streamconfig4.html from the iPhone folder. But since RS Version 1.31 this folder doesn't exists anymore. That's why you cant choose the streaming profiles.

But at the moment I cant fix that, because I lay in the hospital.

Maybe someone can provide the old iphone folder.

Hello,

thank you for the App, but i have a problem.

The Step at Streaming i cant choose a stream the message is:"Startindex cannot less than zero. Parameter name:startindex"

I have a lumia 630 with windows 10 preview.

Thank you for help

Joshua

Hi,

is ffmpeg installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer?

Which Streaming-Profile you chose?

I have tested the app a while ago with Windows 10 Mobile and it works.

• 2 months later...

The app is very nice! Great job Nanohcv.

However I still have an issue.

Here is my environment:

DVBViewer 5.5.2.0 with DVBrecording Service 1.30.1.0 on Window 10 Pro

Lumia 640

ffmpegprefs.ini verified it contains the WP profiles

Live and recorded streaming in LAN works, but when I access the "Streaming" page on the phone settings I get the error message "The remote server returned an error: Not Found" and if I click OK the streaming profiles are all blank and clicking on them has no effect.

In WAN, after long waiting i have the message: "Connection error!" "Wake on LAN?" and obviously nothing works. The DDNS name is correct, port there is 8089 same as WAN and I suspect the issue is related to ports forwarding on my router. So far I forwarded a bunch: 8089, 8090, 7522 and 8889 with no success.

How can I enable the streaming profiles?

How can I fix the WAN issue?

Thanks,

Massimo

The App is only compatible with the last Recording Service. Please update RS to 1.31

Disable the Windows firewall and check wan streaming again.

Edited by Nanohcv

Thank you, WAN streaming works with 1.31 and the firewall disabled.

I'll have now to fix the Ipad streaming that is broken with 1.31, but that's another story...

If I enable the firewall and allow both DVBViewer and DVB Recording Services to go through, it still doesn't work. What needs to be allowed in the firewall to have it working?

As Tjod said, RS not designed to use it over the internet. Every body how knows your public ip or dns name can access the live streams and recordings without knowing the password or user name.

If you are aware of the risks you have to set the incoming rule of the rs to be accessible from any ip address. (set Remote ip address to any).

Edited by Nanohcv
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I just find this great app, thanks for developing it !

I got a lumia 950 yesterday and so i run wp10 on it. Everytime when I want to enter the streaming profile the app close itself. One time, after reinstalling it, it stay open but then I got no Keyboard to enter the right profile. So I run arround in a circle so far. I run rs 1.31 and it works fine with kodi and also with bubble upnp on my android phone. I can also acces it via the upnp player app but it dont support the format for tv streaming. Any hints how I can complete the configuration?

You can't enter the streaming profiles. You have to choose them. If this not possible you have entered the wrong IP or Port. Or your RS is not reachable because it is blocked by a firewall.

Have you added your Wifi Network in the App? If not the App trys to access the RS over the external IP and this is blocked by the windows firewall by default.

• Like 1

Many thanks, your hint let me focus to the real problem and finaly it was a second Firwall that exist since I update the media PC to W10. After configuring it in the right way, everything connect fine and I was able to select the profile and now I sit here and stream again from RS and smile.

So UPNP wise Im at 100% now on WP10. I can stream all my Kodi Content and thanks to you now also TV via RS. The app looks very well dine for me since it works :) Well Done!!!

It is working fine with my Recording service 1.32 running on Windows Home Server 2011 and the Lumia 630 phone with all SD TV channel . All HD TV channels stuck every 20 sec.

Is it possible to edit the "Favorit list" only to SD TV channel? Resolution is Ok for me with a mobile phone.

... and thank you for the great job.

I removed all HD channels from the DVBViewer 5.5.2 "Favorites List" ( not from the "Channel List" because it is used by the RS EPG) but there are still many HD channels for my RS TV client with my 630 phone.

Can you look into the C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer\favourites.xml file on your RS PC and verify that there are only sd channels.

I can't believe that channels are not in the favourites on your PC but on phone.

There are more than 20 SD channel and there is no HD channel in the RS server DVBViewer favourites.xml file!

At the MS Phone TV client first page called "Favoriten" there is only one channel called "ZDF Neo (SD)" but I can move to the left to the next page "ARD/ZDF HD" and there are a lot of HD Channels.

Is this a misunderstanding?

Hm it seems that the favourites are inconsistent. Make a backup from your favourites.xml and then remove the file . After that you must create a new one by adding your favourite SD Channels In DVBViewer to your favourites and then restart the RS.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

If you have have a Windows 10 Device you can check my new App TV Client. Please check the first post of this thread for features and more information.

Hi, Why I can't get your new app from the store? I have the last Insider Fast release on L950

Does VDR Client app is the same ?

I can also translate in French like I have done for RecSvc TV Client.

Edited by skypichat
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

got it, thx a lot !

for Access from Internet i opened a port mapping for 8089 in my router, but i'm not able to Access the Local Client.

are there additional ports to be opened in router ?

thx.

Hi,

you can translate the Resources.resw file. Just translate the values between the <value> and the </value> tag inside the data tags.

Take a look at this example (You have to translate the bold part.):

<data name="checkWan" xml:space="preserve">

<value>Check WAN settings!</value>
</data>

But i can't upload a new version this month because I move to another flat. -> I have a lot to do.

• Like 1

Hi,

you can translate the Resources.resw file. Just translate the values between the <value> and the </value> tag inside the data tags.

But i can't upload a new version this month because I move to another flat. -> I have a lot to do.

Hi,

Thanks for this great app, just a question, can i edit the streaming profiles? I would like to stream over lan but i like to use it without to reencode via ffmpeg but a direct stream. (i use RS on a domain server 2012r2 with also exchange installed on it and for performance i like to stream it directly without using ffmpeg)

good luck with you move and watch your back.. :)

Regards,

Bernard

Hi,

yes you can edit the streaming profiles but you can't stream without reencode, because windows 10 (mobile) doesn't support mpeg2 and have a lot of problems with h264 high bit rate (interlaced) ts streams.

I've tested this a while ago with ffmpeg as a decoder for mpeg2, unfortunately the result was not really satisfactory and stable. So i removed this possibility again.

And at the moment i have no plans to continue the development of this app. Only compatibility fixes are planed.

Hi,

yes you can edit the streaming profiles but you can't stream without reencode, because windows 10 (mobile) doesn't support mpeg2 and have a lot of problems with h264 high bit rate (interlaced) ts streams.

I've tested this a while ago with ffmpeg as a decoder for mpeg2, unfortunately the result was not really satisfactory and stable. So i removed this possibility again.

And at the moment i have no plans to continue the development of this app. Only compatibility fixes are planed.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, to bad that a OS as windows 10 mobile has this problem and can handle it as it should, its is as it is.

Cheers,

Bernard

• 2 months later...
On 16/01/2017 at 7:08 AM, Nanohcv said:

Hi,

Sorry for the long time.

I will work on this today