DVBViewer freezs on some channels

perini14

Hi,

I've just buyed a skystar2 card and installed DVBViewer TE. It looks great, but doesn't work very well for me. DVBViewer freezs when displaying Eurosport! When I press ctrl alt del, I see CPU performance is 100%. When I click the X on DVBViewer window to close it, the application closes, but the process DVBViewer doesn't terminate, it stays active and the CPU performance is still 100%. I then need to manualy end the process. And the problem continues: because DVBViewer stores the last channel that is viewed before closing, the next time I run DVBViewer, it displays Eurosport, and blocks. CPU is 100% and I can't move to another channel. So I'm stuck to watch eurosport only :D That's not bad, but I buyed skystar to be able to see other channels to ;)

So, I'm realy frustrated. I've installed and unistalled the DVBViewer a couple of times, but the problem remains.

Please can you help me!

Sorry for my english, I live in Croatia ;)

thanks

The last channel is stored in the file setup.ini. It can be opened with a text editor, so it is easy to find and delete or change the according entry - no need to re-install.

However, the basic problem remains. Is there something special about Eurosport? E.g. mono audio, while the other working channels are broadcasting stereo?

I can't find nothing special about Eurosport. I think that the problem is in my installed codecs, but I dont know how to fix it and where to look.

Can anyone suggest something ? :D

tnx

Can anyone suggest something ?

Yes, upgrade to DVBViewer Pro (15 Euro, not too much). Messing around with decoders is very hard with the TE, cause it doesn't provide a way to select them. The Pro version does.

Otherwise you'd need some knowledge about DirectShow, how to change its settings etc, and a good tool for that - e.g. the RadLight Filter Manager 1.4, that is available here for free - have a look at the plugins section of this board. But I strongly recommend *not* to use it, if you don't know how DirectShow works. If you are willing to learn, read this.

Ok, here is the output:

MPEG2 Video Decoders:

---------------------

DVD Express Video Decoder: 00600000

MainConcept MPEG Video Decoder: 005FFFFF

MPEG Audio Decoders:

---------------------

MPEG Audio Decoder: 03680001

DVD Express Audio Decoder: 00600000

MainConcept MPEG Audio Decoder: 005FFFFF