HbbTV plugin behind proxy

oschi@schiller-net.de

What is the HbbTV proxy setting in Tweaker.exe for, if the setting is actually ignored? Is it planned to fix this and allow the plugin to work, even if the machine it is running on sits behind a proxy?

Thanks a lot for the reply - much appreciated. That has been my first thought too. So I have set a system wide proxy using the "netsh winhttp import proxy source=ie" to be on the safe side. The setting was imported from IE correctly, however, the plugin still ignored it. In order to verify my assumption I temporarily allowed the machine to bypass the proxy, which made it work. This, however, can only be a temproary solution to the problem. I am using DVBViewer 5.3.2.0 along with the latest version of the HbbTV-plugin.

I have just tried it (DVBViewer 5.3.2 Win 8 x64).

Windows Control Panel > Internet options and added there manually a proxy (for all protocols).

Then started the DVBViewer and HbbTV is using it.

Problem solved. I usually do configure IE to use automatic proxy configuration. That was the issue, not for IE but for the plugin. After switching to manual proxy configuration, everything worked like a charm. Thanks a million for your help.