Autosearch Timer

Sjorma

Where does DVBViewer/ Recording Service save this info?

I deleted Autosearch Timer from Tasks but it didn't stop doing the search. As I set Autosearch Timer again, I thought that it would overwrite previous, it didn't.

I have now several Autosearch Timer-tasks that are not listed in Tasks.

So what I would need to delete to get rid of all Autosearch Timer-tasks? What other settings is then possibly lost?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I tried to get rid of a "auto-search timer" and noticed in the searches.xml (deleted) there was a ton of duplicates when i tried. :original:

Any chance these "search timers" can be made visible/editable in the web interface?. Disable RS, edit/remove searches.xml, start RS is kinda boggy solution.

And is the timer able to filter out duplicate or repeating episodes?

Edited by ThaHandy

To remove auto-search entries: Webinterface > Search EPG > Search presets select one and the click Delete

And is the timer able to filter out duplicate or repeating episodes?

Depend on the EPG quality of you TV station. If they include the episode numbers in the EPG Title you could user

Check against Rec. Title (compare with previous recording) and Timer Name (compare with existing timer names)

To remove auto-search entries: Webinterface > Search EPG > Search presets select one and the click Delete

Thank you so much! No wonder I could not find it, badly translated to Dutch :mad:

Search presets -> search options (in dutch)

Select a search preset... -> Select a search word (in dutch)

Fixed this locally in the translation file!

Depend on the EPG quality of you TV station. If they include the episode numbers in the EPG Title you could user

Check against Rec. Title (compare with previous recording) and Timer Name (compare with existing timer names)

Will try this, thanks (also translation which makes no sens)

Edited by ThaHandy
  • 4 weeks later...

Alright, i have a few questions.

I've trouble understanding this search EPG as it seems its totally different compared the applied "Recording file name" pictured below. because "Subtitle" and "Description" do not exist there.

So, for example, by using ^love I want to record the program name "love boat" and "love plane" and every other episode.

Now here comes the part where i want to "compare against" and "Search in" able me to record the other episodes.

wiki: Webinterface - Search EPG
"Rec. Title" - This checks the program name only. You can see the "title" bolded in the timeline, recording list etc. Selecting this option will probably only record FIRST part of ongoing series!.
"Rec. Event" This checks the program long description. If the tv channel adds "rerun" to the description for reruns, they're considered new episodes.

Why is the info reversed here compared the "Recording file name" see picture (wiki: Timer concept of the DVBViewer Recording Service)

(Example BBC2 due to English text)
EPG_BBC1.jpg

What does "Monitor PDC and Event ID" do?

and inside "search preset": "name" is the preset name and "Series" is the search query (^love)? is this correct?