USTVNow Streams?

pennstat

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone has been able to get DVBViewer working with streams from https://www.ustvnow.com/

A free account gives access to a bunch of live channels, and there is a Kodi (XBMC) plugin that works quite well with it, if that is any indication that it might be doable. A google search reveals a couple of mentions and even a screenshot in a foreign magazine of it working, but I don't really know where to start.

Ideally I would like to get this into the recording service in order to import the channel into XBMC's PVR interface, but simply getting it running in DVBViewer would be a great start.

Thanks!

Edited by pennstat

The Recording Service dose not support web streams.

In DVBViewer Pro you may be able to use a playlist to open them like video files.

Add the stream URL to a .m3u playlist and open it like a video file.

The DVBViewer GE has the possibility to add some kinds of web streams to its channel list.

Actually there is a way to open them inside the DVBViewer via url: ustvnow : // email:pass/ channel.

channel could be the number or shortcut like whtm.

I'd love the idea to integrate this completely inside the app, but never got the ok from ustvnow.

Thanks for responding. I tried playing the url

ustvnow: // mailaddress@mailprovider.com:password/WHTM

But I get the following error:

"Cannot render Mediafile/Output Pin, error: 0x80004005 Unspecified error"

I've tried other channel shortcuts, channel numbers, and firewall was disabled for this. I've tried setting the decoders for H264 and AAC in settings (LAV/ffdshow/MS's), no difference. Any ideas?

Edited by pennstat

Yes you are right, they obviously changed the way to log on their site. I will check this.

The solution should work fine in the DVBViewer update.

ustvnow.jpg

• 2 years later...

It seems that ustvnow:// links no longer work, they return the following error: "Cannot render Mediafile/Output Pin, error: 0x800C000D The specified protocol is unknown."

If current implementation no longer works, any possibility of re-adding support for USTVNow (also so that it can be used in conjunction with Media Server)?

Ps. I know this is an old thread, but I'm replying to it as it has more context about the issue.

It no longer works since a few years, i contacted them long time ago requesting some sort of API. Their first interest went somehow into a nirvana, so i lost the focus on their service. Until they do not respond it won't work again. 

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

Should you at some point consider adding built-in support without their assistance, here are two relevant projects:

1. https://github.com/stephensolis/ustvnow-client
- Using this one I was able to create m3u8 that works with DVBViewer.

2. https://github.com/mathsgrinds/ustvnow-iptv-m3u-playlist
- This currently doesn't create m3u8 that works with DVBViewer, but it probably would with little work (there is on-going discussion about its current status in Issues page).

• 8 months later...

I had another look at this and tried some potential workarounds to enable using streaming services where URL for a channel changes frequently:

1. Instead of using direct link to stream, I tried to open M3U8 playlist referring that stream from local file system. This didn't work.

2. I then served that same M3U8 playlist from a local web server and tried to open it. This didn't work either.

Is this expected or am I doing something wrong? If it is expected, can you please consider supporting such workflow?

Even better solution would be to make it possible to run a script when one changes to a channel of this type. That script (like the ones I linked to in my earlier message) could return updated URL to the stream for DMS/DVBViewer to open.

It has been a while that i tested USTV Now as i mentioned above. The streams itself should still run fine, actually.

Besides of this, the quality is far below of being watchable:

Screenshot 2018-02-04 um 19.53.32.jpg

Keep in mind that the most of the streams needs a subscriptions, only 4 of them (forgot which one, but NBC was available i suppose) are available for free on a quite lousy quality.

Yes, the streams work fine in DVBViewer (maybe the reason you're seeing such a low resolution is a temporary technical glitch in their servers).

The issue is that as the generated stream URLs expire frequently (every 30 minutes?), the user experience is not optimal.

Without being able to use M3U8s, one needs to manually update the URL in Channel Editor every time (which in practice makes it impossible to use DMS for recordings).

Even if it was possible to use M3U8, it'd still require running a scheduled task every 30 mins to make sure the URL is active by creating a new M3U8.

That's why the best solution would be the possibility of using a script in place of URL. It might be useful also for other use cases.

ustvnow: // mailaddress@mailprovider.com:password/WHTM

But I get the following error:

"Cannot render Mediafile/Output Pin, error: 0x80004005 Unspecified error"

Same thing here. Thanks guys for trying anyway. I can watch the Game on NBC with the Kodi addon but would love to record it. So if anyone has a hint how to do this in DVBViewer, kodi or else please let mi know. UNtil then,

habe fun watching super bowl 50!

Rumpeli, as was written above, ustvnow URLs on longer work.

You need to create a valid streaming URL using a tool like ustvnow-iptv-m3u-playlist that I mentioned above.

You can then open that link in DVBViewer.