activate.adobe.com

brbe

Hi

In the Device Status of the web interface, I find it strange to see: activate.adobe.com

Under "Clients", I have two lines:

activate.adobe.com (127.0.0.1) command client

activate.adobe.com (127.0.0.1) dvb stream client

Could anybody explain, what that means?

Best regards

Hi,

I think you have an DNS entry "active.adobe.com 127.0.0.1" in your hosts file or the local DNS server your computer is working with.

Did you disabled the Adobe updater?

The first entry for 127.0.0.1 in your C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts should be:

127.0.0.1 localhost

If you use the hosts file for redirecting certain domains to you local IP you should add them afterwards.

But if you change system files you should know the effect before doing that.

And if it was some kind of tweak tool, I would be a bit worried what it maybe messed up in other parts of the system.

• Like 1

Hi
In the Device Status of the web interface, I find it strange to see: activate.adobe.com
Under "Clients", I have two lines:
activate.adobe.com (127.0.0.1) command client
activate.adobe.com (127.0.0.1) dvb stream client
Could anybody explain, what that means?
Best regards

It's a bad idea to use the localhost address if you like to "disable" the communication between your PC and an internet destination. You should use an unused private IP address of your local network instead. i.E. if your local network has the address 192.168.1.0/24 and the IP address 192.168.1.200 is not used by any device in your network the entry in your hosts file should look like

192.168.1.200 activate.adobe.com

But I recommend that you use the Windows Firewall to block communication with some internet destination.