TV card problem splitt from Recording Service Automatically Stops

Nayef

i have same problems also ...with (4 tuner) TBS 6984 DVBS/S2 & have some plugin

i try clear plugin = same problems

time to time not recorder 0 MB after reboot pc start recorder again ... then stop after long time !

more lost ts recorder !

my support :

http://www.gulfup.com/?H8AK4o

Edited by Nayef

You have a complete different problem.

The RS seem to work correct. But your TV card seem not to deliver data to the RS.

First test stop the RS and start the DVBViewer Pro and enable one tuner at the time and make sure that all 4 tuner working separately.

Does the problem appearer after time or after standby/hibernate?

If you have not enough space to attach the support.zip remove old one.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=attachments

Hi,

I am experiencing the same challenge with the same brand of tuner, TBS 6984 DVBS/S2.

The tuner card works fine, but only stops after some time of recording.

I am recording using the timer recordings option on the TV/Radio main menu option.

Sometimes, I have to stop all recordings and close the DVBViewer session and restart another session.

Other times, I have to restart the computer to get the DVBViewer working again.

I have no plugin installed with the service.

Please help urgently

With that little information it is not possible to find the reason for the problem.

My first guess would be a TV card driver problem (I assuming you are using the newest version from the vendor website) or TV card defect e.g. over heating from some parts.

But there are other possible cause as well.

Post a support.zip after the problem occurred (if you are using the DVBViewer for recording, it have to run in the DVBViewer Pro (Debug Mode) during the occurred of the problem)

And then some information about you Sat system set-up. Is the TV card connected directly to the LNB or via multi-switch?

Are there other devices connected to the LNB as well? If yes is there any correlation from them switched on or of or changing a channel and the occurred of the problem? Or is it happens as well if all other devices are disconnected from there power supply?

You have a complete different problem.

The RS seem to work correct. But your TV card seem not to deliver data to the RS.

First test stop the RS and start the DVBViewer Pro and enable one tuner at the time and make sure that all 4 tuner working separately.

Does the problem appearer after time or after standby/hibernate?

If you have not enough space to attach the support.zip remove old one.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=attachments

my pc working 24h ... never standby/hibernate

i use last driver from TBS

Now RS have timer record = 0MB ... (No data within one minute, restarting!)

i stop timer for my channel & go to DVBViewer Pro working fine 100% on DVBS-3 & my channel work & good signal ... then close DVBViewer Pro and open timer on RS = work agian ...

that mean driver ok & DVBViewer Pro ok but RS not OK

post-121614-0-39699700-1418325694_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nayef

i stop timer for my channel & go to DVBViewer Pro working fine 100% on DVBS-3 & my channel work & good signal ...

Have you tested all for tuners indipendently?

Are you using any other DVB applications on this PC?

Are you using the DVBViewer on the PC while the RS is running?

that mean driver ok & DVBViewer Pro ok but RS not OK

DVBViewer Pro and RS are using the same code for communicating with the hardware.

So if you run the DVBViewer instead of the RS for multiple hours and with multiple recordings. You will have the same result.

Hi,

I am not sure how to run DVBViewer Pro in debug mode. I have search all the options to no avail. Kindly advise.

Also, I don't think the tuner hardware is over-heating as my PC box is open, and I can feel the card with my hand, it feels cool enough.

I have attached a support zip for your analysis.

Sorry I cannot find any button for attachment of the support.zip file. kindly advise.

Run start menu > programs > DVBViewer > Support > DVBViewer Pro (Debug Mode) and wait for the problem.

Then generate a support.zip

In the Forum > More Replay Options > select the support.zip > click Attach This File

DVBViewer Pro and RS are using the same code for communicating with the hardware.

So if you run the DVBViewer instead of the RS for multiple hours and with multiple recordings. You will have the same result.

yes i scan my channel for all my tuners indipendently

+ use

Group channel A (only) for tuner 1

Group channel B (only) for tuner 2

Group channel C (only) for tuner 3

Group channel D (only) for tuner 4

To know the specific channels in any tuner is

Yes ...

but i don't run it when start RS

No

& i set (dont use tuner) for all tuner in DVBViewer

The situation was stable without problems in a previous RS ... v1.27 or v1.29

I do not remember exactly
Edited by Nayef

RS 1.29.0 and 1.26 are in the Members Section > Older Versions co you can cross-check if it really has something to do with the RS Version.

And I don't think that there is any connection with the RS Version.

Tjod,

Any news?

I have tested out with another TBS 6984 DVBS/S2 card just to see if the one I'm using is faulty.

The result is the same, it records for a few hours and then dvdviewer freezes.

I had to restart the system before it comes on again.

I can now safely conclude the problem is with the dvdviewr software management of recording from multi-tuner.

The DVBViewer is sending request to tune a channel to the TV card driver but there is no response from the driver.

That is what I seeing in the log.

I can now safely conclude the problem is with the dvdviewr software management of recording from multi-tuner.

I don't think so. I'm using 5 Tuner without any problem. And there an many DVBViewer user with more the one tuner. If there were a general problem we would have a lot more reports about that.

So for me it looks currently, more like a driver problem related to some TBS cards.

Uhmmm, let me ask the TBS support team and hear what they have to say.

If you don't mind me asking, what brand of tuner card are you using please?

I needed this as proof that DVBViewer works with other mutil-tuners without problems.

I used a TBS twin tuner before. Now I have two twins (Digital Devices) and never had this kind of problem.

Do you have the newest BIOS for your mainboard?

Do you have a way of testing the TBS card with a modern computer and modern Windows version (7 or newer)?

Edited by blasgl

First many TV card brands are only developing some or no card an driver by the own.

Thy are selling card designed and manufactured by other company under there name.

And divers are mostly manufactured by the company designed the cards. Even if the selling changes the name in the driver.

In other words five card from one brand, can be designed by five different company's.

My current cards are:

Hauppauge (dual tuner) >> DiBcom design and driver

Hauppauge >> REALTEK design and driver

TeVii >> AstroMeta design and driver

August >> GENIATECH Mygica design and driver

Tjod,

I am still waiting for response from TBS. I think there could be a problem with their driver.

Reading your last post, you are using multiple single tuner cards, with the exception of one with dual tuner, right?

If true, that is slightly different from my situation of 1 single card with multiple tuners (4 tuners). Would this have anything to do with the problem?

Or is it better to use 2 cards with only 2 tuners each against 1 card with 4 tuners?

One card with multiple tuner should in theory be the best solution. Because one would assume that the manufacturer then test multiple tuners.

Multiple Tuners with different hardware. Are general no problem.

Multiple cards of one sort but sold by different brands are some times a problem. If they use different branded versions of the same driver.

• 2 weeks later...