DVBViewer's Skin similar to DVB Set Top Box's Menu Needed

Reza Sadeghi

Hi there.

using latest DVBViewer v5.3 on system connected to TV via HDMI

but Skin just like other DVB STB's or Satellite Player Receivers needed.

because usually we are far from TV so can't watch DVBViewer Menus correctly easily, I thought those Channel's Names on Channel List inside DVBViewer's Default Skin is very small.

we're going to blind to try to watch Channel Names from distance about 5 meter from TV and furniture.

I know it is developed for PC or Desktop so users sit front of Monitors but in this situation described (system connected to TV) using DVBViewer is not as easy of those front monitors.

Please add some Skin similar to Set Top Boxes with very large Menu featured at least just to change Channels.

help to feel of use a professional real Set Top Box connected to TV.

maybe just Skin needed.

support.zip

Edited by Reza Sadeghi

OK. now works.

I used "Tweaker" inside Support folder in DVBViewer installation in Start Menu to "Enable the OSD".

I thought it was so better if this feature "Tweaker" availabled in Options or main menus.

anyway by Enabling OSD, now I can watch OSD in DVBViewer like your pics attached.

Thank you.

but would you please tell me how to surf this skin for example the EPG shows in your sample pic attached or appear channel list on OSD that shows my Favorites?

for now this OSD just be appeared whenever change channels. how to use other these OSD's features ?

in DVBViewer 5.3.2 "Default Skin", I can't find how to show channel/ Favorite list from OSD ?

while in "Old Skin" there is a little square above the OSD bar. that by click it channel list appear but not any similar in "Default Skin".

also I set time for shows this OSD in Option for about 5 or 10 seconds but I thought it doesn't work. always disappear in default time maybe!!

just the OSD transparent slider works.

I checked other OSD options in main DVBViewer Option for set time in my prefered, but nothing.

I'm not familiar to this new Skins and OSD. is there any complete manual or help in chm format that explain all?

I need a real full speedy user friendly's OSD in DVBViewer Skin.

in my idea, these two "Default Skin" & "Old SKin" is not user friendly or something.

hope a big change for OSD will be done to more complete use of powerful features of DVBViewer in next versions.

Edited by Reza Sadeghi

I used "Tweaker" inside Support folder in DVBViewer installation in Start Menu to "Enable the OSD".

I thought it was so better if this feature "Tweaker" availabled in Options or main menus.

The OSD is enabled by default.

So it has been disabled, by someone with access to your PC.

A long time ago this was in the Options. But there is nearly no reason to disable it. So it was moved to the Tweaker.

but would you please tell me how to surf this skin for example the EPG shows in your sample pic attached or appear channel list on OSD that shows my Favorites?

You need OSD-OK [enter], the (OSD-) arrow keys, OSD-menu [esc], OSD-red [F5], OSD-green [F6], OSD-yellow [F7], OSD-blue [F8] and maybe OSD-back [space]

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Options_Input

OSD-blue has on most OSD pages a site specific help.

For the favourites OSD-yellow (OSD-red to change to the favourites) and the screen-shots are OSD-menu and OSD-menu > Timeline

It is very nice.

for now I notice how to use DVBViewer's Skins and Keyboard shortcuts defined in "Input" section, while sit in front of TV for about 5 meter distance.

my problem now by Enable Skin via "Tweaker" solved, by using "OldDefault" Skin now can watch big fonts.

I'm now so happy, truely Love DVBViewer.

dear "Tjod" Thank you very much for your helps.

Edited by Reza Sadeghi

And one addition if you prefer to use the mouse. You can do mouse things with this as well.

Middle Mouse Button = Close the current OSD menu

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Options_Mouse

and enable "Use mouse sensitive areas"

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Options_OSD_Appearance#Use_mouse_sensitive_areas

However sitting on the couch mostly a remote control would be the best solution ;)

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/54889-universal-remote-plugin-13/

• Like 1

Excellent :book:

I love all features of this powerful DVB Player, watching TV connected to PC1 via HDMI cable and running DVBViewer client connected to another PC2 as a server via Wireless 802.11N.

then a FUll HD 1920*1080 such as "arte HD" channel is very nice.

or maybe new 4k DVB-S2 channels on some satellites.

I love it specially these days that can use nice SKin & big fonts controlled by Mouse & Keyboard in distance of TVs & I'm not going blind anymore to try to watch very small fonts shown on TV in Channel list of application without skin.

Thank you so much "Hackbart" Developer's team & "Tjod" for your help and support.

Edited by Reza Sadeghi
  • Like 1