Tuner type mapping

userip

Hi,

I'm working with a hardware SAT>IP client that only has support for "satellite" tuners. But I like to map a "terrestrial" DVB-T tuner in my PC as a satellite position. So I request if it's possible that the RS has a "mapping" function from one "tuner type" to "another type". For example, map the entire DVB-T 8MHz channels as one satellite position. Obviously, the parameters from the client related to tuner options (polarization, modulation, etc.) needs to be masked/translated, but the only relevant value is the frequency, because it's easy to map one DVB-T mux list to a satellite transponder list.

Example:

Map DVB-T_Europe to DVB-S_3592 (Thor & Intelsat 0.8°W)

12=474000,8 --> 12=11229,H,24500,78,1
So when the client ask for "src=1&fe=1&msys=dvbs&freq=11229&pol=h&sr=24500..." the server process "src=1&fe=1&msys=dvbt&freq=474&bw=8..."

Is this is feasible? I hope isn't hard to implement.

:original:

Edited by userip

I don't think that this will happen in the foreseeable future.

(Nobody knows what happens in the next 2-5 years :innocent: )

Then, too bad for me! :|

Two reason to support "tuner mapping":

1) Several SAT>IP clients only support "satellite" tuners.

2) It's simple (to implement) and extreamly flexible, so you can mix several orbital positions+DVB-T+DVB-C+IPTV in a custom "sat" channel list with the transporders that you liketo send to a client.

From my point of view it's a fantastic idea. :shocked:

Edited by userip

2) If it is relay easy, then it should not be to hard to program a Sat>IP tuner mapping proxy :innocent:

Only to you some feeling for development times here. The first internal tests for HbbTV were in January 2010 (and if I'm right the development started in 2011) and a public version was released in July 2013.

2) If it is relay easy, then it should not be to hard to program a Sat>IP tuner mapping proxy :innocent:

Yes, I'm thinking on this... :original: Probably, this will be the way.

Nevertheless, related to other functions that can't be implemented outside DVBViewer and DVB Recording Service, are the "DVB File Device" for the RS. So please, when you can do it, I appreciate very much to implement it not only in Viewer but in RS.

Thank for all your efforts!