Error:0x8004025F on loading DVBVierwer

agam

Hi,

I have just reinstalled DVBVierwer on my server running SBS 2008, however, when I loaded the application, it displays the error:

" Cannot render Mediafile/Output pin, error: 0x8004025F. Cannot perform the requested function on an object that is not in the filter graph"

This error is displayed twice and after I click ok, the screen is all black. However, my timer recoding setup records and I can play them back using VLC.

Could somebody tell me how to resolve this please?

Thanks.

Thanks Gioxy,

I have read the wiki page though a bit outdated but I got the message. I have installed already Cyberlink Video decorder, LAV video decoder and ffdshow DXVA video decoder.

After trying out a number of combinations, I found that I have to disable custom renderer, CyberLink works for MPEG2, ffdshow DXVA works for H.264 and VC1. If I use any other combinations, the recorded files are heavily pigmented.

However, the playback does not stil render on DVBViewer.

Is there any solution? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Regards.

Has the Server OS BDA driver support? (Microsoft removed most multimedia support from the server OS)

If not you need to patch it in with files from the corresponding non server windows version. Just search for your exact server version and BDA.

Hi Admin,

Yes the driver support has been installed. I have setup timer recording successfully but the DVBViewer is not playing back anything. I can playback the recordings with VLC and they are fine.

No playbacks from withing DVBViewer.

Is the Windows Media Player on the System? If no try installing it.

VLC doesn't use the DirectShow System.

If it doesn't help try installing a DirectX update.

Microsoft Server OS are not designate for multimedia use.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Admin,

Sorry for the delay in getting back, have been on Holidays and just got back and now picking up the pieces where I left off.

Yes, I have installed WMP and have updated DirectX now version 10.

Problem still persist.

One question, how do I rebuild the filter graph? This seems to be the issue with it.