DVBViewer should warn about dependent options

highyield

DVBViewer should warn the user when conflicting options are set or when dependent options are not set.

Example: when the *.ts option is not checked in the DVBViewer options, DirectX->DVBViewer Filter, subtitles are not present in the recordings made with DVBViewer. I'm not using DVBViewer Pro 5.3.2 without the Recording Service and I'm assuming this is not a bug.

Edited by highyield

Playback options (DirectX) have no connection with recordings (they can only influence the playback of recording in the DVBViewer).

Relevant are options > Record >> Output Format = TS and include > subtitles

And if you change Output Format = MPEG2 the subtitles checkbox will be disabled.

I have misinterpreted the situation. The subtitles are present in the recorded ts file, but are not available on playback, if DVBViewer filter is not selected for *.ts playback. Is that expected?

It seems that the DVBViewer filter is always enabled for live TV and subtitles are always available. The difference in behaviour made me think that the fault was present during the recording, not during the playback.

Thank you for your help.

Edited by highyield

It depends on the source filter you are using instead of the DVBViewer filter.

By default the DVBViewer filter is used for file playback if possible. If you are disabling it you should know what you are doing ;)