Minor problems with DVD playback (ffdshow + artifacts & AC3 + clic

Guest t6ti00

I have a couple of minor problems with DVD playback. Some years ago I found a solution to the first one, but I couldn't find it anywhere from my own documents or from the Internet, somehow. So, I have to ask this.

1. I use ffdshow codec for DVD playback and everything else looks perfect, but some blocky artifacts (see picture for reference) come out at some menu transitions. It has nothing to do with DVBViewer options, since I have tested everything and only thing I remember about fixing this problem some years ago was to change a setting or some settings from ffdshow configuration. (I have attached my ffdshow configuration to this message if that helps solving it.)

I tried to change "libmpeg2" to "libavcodec" and it removed all the artifacts, but some DVD-menus are not working correctly after that.

2. With AC3 playback, again issues with menu transitions. Some pops and clicks are heard during them. It was easy to fix them about ten years ago when I was still using CyberLink DVD-player, but with ffdshow, I am unable to find the correct settings to fix this one.

Disabling "Enable jitter correction" does not fix this and using "libac52" may only make pops and clicks sound different.

Thanks.

post-66578-0-57771900-1423391157_thumb.jpg

ffdshow_audio.txt

ffdshow_video.txt