Streaming, help please.

rco133

Hi.

I have been fighting with this for quite some time. At some point I recall having it kinda working, but now I am back to the fact that is streams for a bit, and then the stream just stops.

It doesn't matter if I try stream a recording through the recording service web page, or if I try to live stream on my iphone which runs Ios 7.1.2 which is the last version for the iphone 4. I have also tried to get it working on my Android phone, but also there I have no luck.

I have of course studied the wiki, and read several posts in here. And looks to me like a lot of users have issues getting streaming to Work properly.

Even when I am on my LAN connection at home, I can't get a continous stream to work.

When I had it working, kinda, I might have been running an older version of Recording service and dvdviewer. And I have also tried many versions of ffmpeg.

I have attached the support.zip file.

Can someone please tell me how to get streaming working. I am often staying at hotels, and it really sucks not being able to Watch some recording or live TV. I don't think it is a bw issue, since I only stream at 1024 kbit, and if I download something I easilly get a constant speed of 5 Mbit+.

Any help will be most appreciated.

rco133.

support.zip

Is streaming to the DVBViewer client on the seam PC working?

Is direct streaming on the RS working with VLC as client?

Is streaming via web interface > Flash player working on the RS PC?

Is streaming to the DVBViewer client on the seam PC working?

Yes. I can view all my TV programs just fine with DVBViewer.

Is direct streaming on the RS working with VLC as client?

I have no idea how to do that to be honest.

Is streaming via web interface > Flash player working on the RS PC?

When I open the RS webpage and start to stream a recording using Flowplayer, it Works just fine.

So, looks like it is only when accessed from external source it doesn't Work as it should.

I have no firewall enabled on my PC. When I use my iPhone 4 on the LAN it doesn't Work either. I am using the iOS web stuff, that is done by another user here on the forum. Not using the Ios stufff that comes with DVDViewer.

rco133