Display program icons and reviews from Xepg

Delphi

I had a user request:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/20539-xepg/?p=401155

The posted data to Recording Service looks like

<programme channel="281479273973002" stop="20141205064000" start="20141205055000">
<eventid>412050550</eventid>
<title>Gnuernes store vandring</title>
<event>Japansk naturprogram fra 2013.</event>
<description>Genre: Natur/Dokumentar Når den... Dato: 2013 </description>
<charset>255</charset>
<content>35</content>
<icons>0</icons>
<iconurl>A url to an image<iconurl/>
<reviewurl>A url to a review<reviewurl/>
</programme>

New are the iconurl and reviewurl tags. For the review a review button could be added next to IMDb button or maybe replace it.

Like any other type of epg information some gets outdated and new is comming in, so a natural choice is to store it in epg.dat.

If that's not possible Xepg could store and maintain the information in some files in a public folder. This ofcourse requires an agreement of the format.

Maybe Xepg should download all the icons, file name convension could be

channel_start.png or channel_eventid.png (or jpg or whatever).

Maybe the icons can be displayed in DVBViewer OSD as well. Same information is sent to DVBViewer using IDVBViewer2.ImportEpg().

TIA

I would assume including new informations in the epg.dat is nearly a difficult as including new informations in the channel.dat (and there it is nearly impossible :innocent: ) To make such things easy the binary format has to be replaced with a database. But I don't think that will happen in the near future.

And about the images for EPG entry's there is already a solution

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/20539-xepg/page-4#entry184215

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/20539-xepg/page-6#entry197601

OSD Skin "BluFuzz"

post-24026-0-12002900-1419604583.jpg

EPGImporter provides the images.

Hi Tjod,

Thanks for the reply.

About adding information to the epg.dat I kind of expected that answer: well, it is a user request so I had to ask :original:

As you point out this has been discussed ealier for the DVBViewer OSD. I don't like that it requires a specific OSD, but I will continue to ship the information.

For the Recording Service Service things are more open: a skillfull web designer could be able to read the information from a file and display it.

Anyone?

There are only very few EPGImporter users. And that is currently the only solution to get images in the EPG.

Therefore not all OSD Skin developer have include the images in there skins.