Comparing DVBViewer to SmartDVB (issues with DVBViewer recordings)

Piers

I use SmartDVB for testing, apart from that it's horrible. However what I have noticed time and time again is that SmartDVB produces recordings with no glitches or problems. If I record the same channel using DVBViewer it will produce issues.

This is either going to be a problem with DVBViewer (unlikely) or a problem with my configuration (most likely). I've attached a support.zip - can someone please take a look to see if any settings seem out of place or might be the cause of the issues?

Note: testing is done based on visual quality - there may be errors but there are not detected in VideoRedo, or from watching (using SmartDVB to record). For DVBViewer I do the same test so it's fair - the errors I notice are visual with glitches and blocking.

I've recently changed hardware from a PCTV 292e to a TBS 6281 card.

Thank you.

support.zip

Ah, this is interesting! I have this problem too, ever since the very beginning I started using DVBViewer/RS at 2008. Have been using two different PCs with four different DVB-C tuners over that period of time. Never got any useful response when posting bugreports about it. I will test SmartDVB as well to se if I get the same results as you did.