Missed recordings

Bjorn64

Hi,

I have problems with missed scheldued recordings (some), both after standby and PC on.

I have added the debug parameter under recording, but the log in recording folding is not created for the missed recordings.

I can't find any information in DVBViewer log.

Is it possible to switch a more verbose logging to track down the problem?

Which log should give this information?

BR

I can see from the windows log that the PC woke up before recordings and it has also happened when the PC is on.

It seems to happen randomly, sometimes several recordings in serie and sometimes only one!?

BR

support.zip

• 4 weeks later...

I have turned of both of the Media Center Services.

I made a test today with a serie of recordings.

The first worked, but then the recording at 15:2816:03 was only partial record.

The one after, 16:03-17:08 was not recorded at all and the ones after that.

I think the tuner driver/tuner hang at 16:03-17:08 recording.

I have also tested with DVBlink and Media Center, but sometimes there is no signal during recording and the tuner hangs. It's probably the same thing thant happen with DVBViewer?

Can something be done with the setup of the program or environment or is a problem that probably is located to the tuner driver/tuner only?

BR

support.zip

You DVBViewer is not configured to work with the RS.

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Recording_Service_Installation_Guide#Setting_up_DVBViewer

And DVBLink is running on the PC. This can cause problem as well.

If more then one DVB application is installed on a system. you are responsible to make sure that only one application accesses the DVB hardware at any time.

From you configuration the RS must assume that you have 8 independent DVB-T tuner and one DVB-T/DVB-C hybrid tuner.

You should remove all DVBLink tuner and stop DVBLink.

Actually I have not configured DVBViewer for RS. I use the internal recording function. I tried RS, but went back internal recording. I tried to uninstall RS under Program and Functions, but got an error message, but I have stopped the RS service.

I have also stopped DVB-link server service, but it's maybe not enough?

Maybe I should unstall DVBlink and DVBViewer and reinstall DVBViewer to clean up?

How do I manually uninstall RS or is there any uninstall program that can handle this?

BR

The problem with the DVBViewer is not the recording setting. The Hardware settings are the problem.

Make sure the DVBViewer is stopped before uninstalling the RS. Then stop the RS via try utility.

Manually unistaling the RS would be really complicated. You would need to unregister the service an remove registry entry's before deleting any files.

I have now uninstalled DVBLink and reinstalled DVBViewer. Internal recorder is used.

Unfortunely the problems continues

Typically a number of setup recordings fails after a number of ok recordings, only empty ts-files or a very small files are created or no files at all. The tuner is locked and must be hard resetted. It seems that something goes wrong with the recording before the failed recording starts. It happens with different channels.

There is no problem with the Cable signals and I am using new cables.

Attach an example with 9 setup recording. Something happens with the second, only 5 min of 30 is recorded (2015-03-16-22:57). All recordings after that fails, because the tuner is locked.

Something similar happend when I tested with DVBLink + Windows Media Center, got NO SIGNAL error, during recording, randomly in Windows Media Center and the recording stoped and the tuner hangs.

What is the likely problem, tuner driver/tuner or PC/BIOS/Windows?

What to do? Can someting be done with the setup of windows or DVBViewer or is it just to return the tuner to the reseller.

Is there any similar experience with TTConnect CT2-4650?

There are some errors in the DVBViewer.log, 2015-03-15 , but that has been fixed, was corruption in the file system. Fixed with CHKDSK.

Thank's for your effort to solve the problem!

BR

support.zip

I don't see any configuration problems any more, which could cause you problems.

But if you get corruption in the file system, access violations "Read of address 00000000" it could be a general problem with you PC. But it is hard to say from the distances.

At the moment I don't have a Idea.

It seems that I finally find the root cause to the problem. I replaced the CA-Module with a new one and also the USB Cable with one with 2 ferrits . After that I have made about 50 recordings without any problems.

It also work now with DVBLink+ Media Center.

Lesson to be learned, secure that the HW setup is ok first at problems, even if mostly problems is SW related. Very tricky in this case to suspect the CA-Module as it normally worked or was it a bad cable?

Anyway you can add TT-Connect CT2-4650 CI to the list of supported HW, I didn't find it there.

Thank you (Tjod) for support, which helped to isolate the problem. A big relief to solve this, as I have been struggling with it over 2 months!

Case closed!

Best Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I revisit this issue again, which I thougt was solved (as several times before). Failed recordings and tuner hang came back. I got a replacement tuner to check that the problem was not HW related. It was the same problem with this one. But then one day I understod the pattern of the fault. It only happened when I started to use the PC when recording was ongoing, but PC must be left alone for let say 10 minutes to make it happen. What happens is that I turn on the mouse and klick on it and I can see at that time the recoding stops with an error message. The recording is not interrupted if its started when I use the PC, it only happens in the situation described. Some process, services or something else cause this problem, but what!!?? As it happens with other DVB SW packages it should not be related to application SW.

Have you experienced something similar. What is the probable cause of this on low level, any ideas to help fault tracing are welcomed..

BR

..dunno, maybe USB related? Try different root hubs. Do you have the latest drivers for your card?

Anyway, I would rather use the recording service. But follow the instructions ;)

I got a suggestion to use another USB 2 HUB, suspecting USB issue. First moved to another USB2 port/HUB, but it made no difference.
Then I moved the unit to an USB 3 port and the problem vanished! I have not been able to reproduce the error on an USB 3 port.The tuner seems to work better on an USB 3 port even if it is an USB 2 deivce!? I also found out that the PC was delivered with old Chip set drivers.The USB2 drivers were old. I made an update of totally 8 drivers, but it didn't help. Use an USB 3 port seems to be the only way to get it working to 100%. Probably it's an PC or driver issue? The PC is under warranty. I should maybe require an replacement, but it could be a model/driver limitation and it will not help?

The setup seems to be stable now. and there is no problem so far with other USB2 devices.

BR