Transedit IPTV Unicast

psangster

Hi

I use VNC to send a Unicast UDP MPEG-TS across a network to a Windows XP workstation, on which i run DVBViewer & Transedit. All I do to receive the stream, is enter the destination ip:port into Transedit and scan it before watching in the preview window (or exporting to DVBViewer)

However, since i swapped out the XP machine for a Windows 7 PC, this no longer works. The UDP packets are arriving at the workstation, but entering the IP address of the machine itself into Transedit (and port number) no longer picks anything up when this is scanned

netstat -s on this windows 7 box is showing the UDP packets as received, but the stats indicate 'No Port', meaning no application is listening

What can i do to fix this, as i don't want to live with XP forever? Multicast is not an option, i'm stuck with Unicast

Many Thanks

I use VNC to send a Unicast UDP MPEG-TS across a network to a Windows XP workstation

VNC? You mean VLC? Which TransEdit version? Which Port?

I wonder why it worked because up to now TransEdit only supports UDP Multicast, not Unicast. Hidden capabilities, even unknown to me? Strange. However, the next version will contain explicit UDP Unicast support.

However, since i swapped out the XP machine for a Windows 7 PC, this no longer works.

Disregarding the fact that it is not supposed to work: Maybe blocked by the Windows firewall? This is the most frequent cause.

Actually, i've found that any MPEG-TS sent as Unicast UDP can be picked up in Transedit by scanning any Multicast address, as long as the port number in the Multicast address matches the Port number of the Unicast Stream

So another hidden capability. Lets call it Anycast!