Shortcut to newOSD

Hi,

I did it. I spend the money for the full version. :-)

Installation was ok. 2.3 Beta, osd and timeline 0.95. So now I want to get it all fully remote controllable and user friendly.

How can I create a shortcut for the remote (WinLIRC) to the new OSD Timeline EPG?

How do I know, that the program I selected for recording with the blue OSD key is successfully scheduled? Without going to the recorder section. In GotAllMedia for example there is a red dot in the corresponding block in the EPG, which is fine.

Regards,

MrG

Guest Lars_MQ

ATM there is no way to create shortcuts for menuitems or plugins. This will be possible in the next version.

There is only a short beep (I think) when you send it to the PVR. The next version will show a red dot (or what ever) for scheduled recordings.

lars

There is only a short beep (I think) when you send it to the PVR. The next version will show a red dot (or what ever) for scheduled recordings.

There is no beep when scheduling via OSD. Only in Windows-programming the "Send to PVR" beeps.

ATM there is no way to create shortcuts for menuitems or plugins. This will be possible in the next version.

Ok, that is what I assumed. So I am happily expecting the new version... :bye:

Why not make a selection which EPG should pop up when I push the EPG button? Classic or OSD?

Regards,

MrG

Why not make a selection which EPG should pop up when I push the EPG button? Classic or OSD?

I'm not shure what you mean. You mean Classic = the EPG window?

I wanted to suggest that triggering the EPG-Function (by remote) could either start

- Classic EPG (normal windows-like pop-up)

or

- OSD EPG (newOSD plug-in)

The configuration for that could be integrated in the DVBViewer Options dialog, lets say in the "EPG/Videotext" main section with a dropdown.

Just a thought... :bye:

Regards,

MrG

• 2 weeks later...

I have just installed NewOSD and OSDtimelne. What is the timeline supposed to do? when I select it from the OSD it just shows the path to the images folder with 'dummy' underneath.

Thanks I got it now, that newOSD skin is not easy to find, and didn't expect it to be a skin setting.

This is very nice, it gives DBViewer the remote control support it has been lacking, especially when controlling from infront of a TV rather than the PC. Great piece of work!

Its very nice. Heres the next one....

I've loaded up the DBViewer Beta, and when I hit any button (left right, up.... in timeline) the OSD goes off. I have now upgraded the OSD to version 95, and the timeline to v95 but the timeline has completely vanished from the OSD menu.

I'm sure I posted this before, sounds very familiar.

Guest Lars_MQ
Thanks I got it now, that newOSD skin is not easy to find, and didn't expect it to be a skin setting.

Yes I know, but the DVBViewer wasn't designed in first place to have such extensive OSD-Support ;) We had to do some, well, workarounds B)

I've loaded up the DBViewer Beta, and when I hit any button (left right, up.... in timeline) the OSD goes off. I have now upgraded the OSD to version 95, and the timeline to v95 but the timeline has completely vanished from the OSD menu.

If you exit the OSD-Menu and enter it again, does it show up then? there is somewhere a little initialisation problem the first time.

But I'm not shure, if it's the fault of the newOSD or the DVBViewer. And to be honest, I don't think, I'm doing big investigations on this, cause the newOSD will be integrated in a much better form into the DVBViewer (the OSD-Demo ist the Beta for this new newOSD o:) ). And I spend all of my time making this baby work...

lars

Thanks for the reply. No, all my playing hasn't fixed it B) . I've seen your new baby, its very pretty. Can't wait to install it when its finished.

Thanks. you're doing some excellent stuff.

..When playing with Beta code, where do you want us to put stuff like this? in the beta's discussions, or in the bugs discussion forum?