Please help. Some important channels will not start:

Bjur

My setup is the following:

WHS 2011, with Terratec H7 with Viaccess Cam and HDHomerun. DVBViewer + RS.

My problem is that some of my encrypted channels are just showing black screen. I have Yousee and TV3+, Kanal 6, Canal9 are just not working.

I have tried everything possible I could think of for the last 2 weeks and running out of ideas. Have also tried running a W7 64-bit but the problem is the same.

Here are some pictures of both my transedit, my DVBViewer channel settings and terratec DVB version.

The first picture at left are showing TV 3+ channel with fat red marked text and on the right are DVBViewer settings.

Perhaps it is driver related to Terratec H7, but have no other CI tuner to test with and many other encrypted channels are working fine, so hope someone can help.3+.png

terra.png

Edited by Bjur

Hi Derrick. Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried with a strong CA module, but the problem is the same. I can see the CAM menu and can choose.

1. Consultations

2. Autorizations

3. Module Information

..could be related to this problem http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/49704-sfinfo-verschlusselt-geht-nicht/?p=422170

Alas there's nothing I can do. You could upload a short recording made with transedit's analyzer. Open the transponder with the analyzer -> left window: PAT, select PIDs (right mouse cklick) of said service -> start recording. Then upload this recording (a couple of MB) to a file hoster (one that doesn't require a paid account)

Hi Derrick. Thanks again for your reply. Very excited because I installed Terratec Home cinema and in that program I can get Picture on the channels for the first time, so progress!!:)

Me german is not very good so the link you gave I have tried to translate, but it didn't make sense for me. Can you please help me how to get it to work now in DVBViewer?

Where should I start?

Edited by Bjur

Please try delete the channel(s) from DVBViewer channellist and after that start a new scan on this transponder.

Got the same problem some time ago with some sky channels, which had changed parameters.

maybe it helps....

Hmm isn't there any troubleshooting that can be done with DVBViewer?

nope. You could upload a sample that I've described before. Then I could compare the PMTs of the 2 cases. I can't receive your cable stream ;)

thx, though it's not exactly what I asked for. I can't see anything special in the PMT. But I don't have the ca_pmt to compare.

I'm afraid you have to use Terratec Home cinema. The DVBViewer(bug) won't be fixed.

Okay if there's anything else I can get from the analyzer please tell me.

An extra question. I'm considering buying a wintv-ci as an alternative solution instead of terratec h7 if I could not get it to work to handle encrypted channels In DVBViewer. I already have Hdhomerun but would Hdhomerun + wintv-c work in DVBViewer?

• 3 weeks later...

I have exactly the same problem with Terratec H7. DVBViewer cannot play some YouSee encrypted channels (TV3+, Kanal 6, Canal9 and few more). It can play other encrypted channels from the same transponders though. Additionally in my case CAM menu is empty. Tried on both Win 8 x64 and Win 7x64. FloppyDVB card with the same Viaccess card reader works fine (including CAM menu). And Terratec Home cinema also works fine with the problematic channels.

What other hardware solution are there that are working?

Is there solutions which doesn't require firewire/pci or what can I use then?

And I doubt terratec home cinema will work with recording service.