What's the difference between DVBViewer PRO and GE ?

Hansrh

I have DVBViewer Pro and I can see that DVBViewer GE has a new release - but I really don't know what the difference is between the two versions ?

DVBViewer GE (Griga Edition) uses in some parts a different approach.

It has only a minimalist OSD. It has less configuration options.

There is a good Manuel but only in German http://www.DVBViewer.com/griga/ and there is only a German Changelog

The new version includes support for internet radios (mp3, AAC) and internet TV (TS streams, HLS) in the channel list and for recording.

There is a comprehensive explanation about this but only in German.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/56131-internet-tv-mit-dem-DVBViewer-ge-36/

You can try both versions side by side. And see which fits your need better.

• Like 1

From DVBV GE (ie Griga Edition) info: "DVBViewer GE is no official DVBViewer release. It is a DVBViewer Pro 2.3 spin-off with several modifications by Griga and provided "as it is" without any warranty, as a free add-on for DVBViewer Pro purchasers. You use it at your own risk.".

To cut a long story short (well, if I remember well and from what I have seen), the main difference (and reason of split) at DVBV 2.3 time was the introduction of Lars's new overlay OSD interface, powerful but CPU consuming; from then GE has had a (near) own evolution, often experimenting new hw/sw implementation, sometime included in "main" DVBViewer.

Apart many big/little difference (that one can find more or less nice), a good reason to install GE is to have a second, completely indipendent (...er, hw apart) DVBV installation on the same PC.

You can find more authoritative words about GE here in his manual.

:bye:

• Like 1

DVBViewer GE is my personal developer version, tailored for my needs.

In some aspects it's ahead because it contains features that are not (yet) implemented in DVBViewer Pro, in other aspects it's behind (and will always be) because I keep the code more simple so I don't have to deal with so many side effects and complications when I try new things.

• Like 1

I need to change the sattellites to :

LNB 1 = Thor 0,8 W

LNB 2 = Astra 4,8 E

LNB 3 = Hotbird 13,0 E

LNB 4 = Astra 19,2 E

I have tried for several hours during the evening but I did not succeed to change the settings - is it possible to add 0,8 W and 4,8 E in satellite config instead of 23,5 E and 28,5 E ?

In that case - how ?

I would recommend using TransEdit (TransEdit.exe in the same folder as the DVBViewer GE .exe) you need the transponder lists for the sat positions in the DVBViewer GE Configuration Directory\Transponders

Don't change a existing Root folder in the channel list create a new one for the new sat position.

In DVBViewer GE a Root folder is connected to a transponder list and can only contain channels from one Sat position.