Missing Freesat channel

subminiature

I have two Blackgold quad Freesat St/Freeview T2 TV cards - 3600 and 3601 both running under Windows 7 64bit Pro

3600 has an 80cm sat dish
3602 has a smaller Sky dish

Both have dual cables for Freesat (from their own dish) and share a single cable for Freeview.

3602 finds the same channel/stations as 3600 but the following display no video and have no sound but most do provide frame size and audio type (stereo, AC3 etc). There may be more that I have not checked. At this time of day neither pick up a signal non BBC Four HD (AC3, eng) but 3602 never plays it.

5 USA
5*
BBC Four (eng)
BBC Four HD (AC3,eng)
BBC News HD (AC3, eng)
CBS Action
CBS Reality
Channel 5 (eng)
Channel 5+24 (eng)
Channel 5+1 (eng)
Film4 (eng) but Film4+1 (eng) okay
horror channel
horror ch+1
ITV2+1 (eng)
ITV4+1 (eng)
m>movies+1
More4 +1 (eng)
more>movies
mov4mem+1
movies4men
mov4men+1

these don't work anyway on Freesat
Pick (eng)
Pick+1
Pick FSAT

I have also checked options, filters etc and both computers show the same details although a one to one check of every set of figures is hard as they are not in the same room.
Any suggestions of how to get these channels to display?

support.zip

I don't know these black gold devices but the DVB-S2 part of both cards seems to be identical (identified as "7231 BDA DVBS Tuner" according to the hardware.xml). The reason for your problem could be a misaligned and too small dish

3602 has a smaller Sky dish

Why don't you connect both cards to the bigger dish?

btw. your recording service is not correct. When using the RS the physical devices have to be set to don't use and have to be be replaced by virtual devices.

3602 is an update to 3600. Both have dual S2 and dual T2 receivers. support.zip is for 3602 only. The cards are not fitted to one PC. The PCs are not in the same room.

A mis-alignment sounds possible, but when installing the larger dish I found the slightest amount off dropped more channels and reduced the strenght of all the others. The failed channels show 65% and better. Channels I know to have a weak signal work.

When I first used the 3602 and for the following year it received the same channels as 3600 on all updates to DVBViewer and to the channel changes. Not being able to pick up some channels correctly is a new issue. Before getting the 3602 the PC had a Hauppauge 4400 and was able to use the Sky dish for the channels that it now do not work. That does not rule out mis-alignment but off the two the larger more exposed dish would be more likely to be dislodged.

The reason for each having it's own dish is how the house was wired up. Each dish having a pair of cables going the shortest route needed.

Thanks for the heads up on the recording service. I still don't understand and have not been able to follow the instructions I have found so far. For example it appears I have to have a static IP address for the PC (currently they are dymanic). It isn't clear that adding any virtual device will find all four receivers for each card. But that is for another issue.