SAT>IP, How to?

McenterFreak

Are you talking about the RS as server or as client?

As Server there are no configuration changes necessary.

Optionen Service - RTSP-DVBServer is the related page. But the default settings are in nearly every case right.

As client add a RTSP device for each tuner the RS should use, configure it (mostly you need only the server IP)

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Options_Service_-_Hardware

And make sure the Sat>IP server is always on and has enough free tuner for the RS.

Do i need special tuners that supports this, in the RS server? Currently i have FloppyDTV DVB-S tuners in the RS Server.

To be honest i don't now very much about SAT>IP

• 5 months later...

What I read from the last reply to this topic, all decryption of scrambled channels are done serverside(ie recording service)... and that matches my experience fine since I'm using DVBViewer on a laptop, connecting to my server(RSTP -> recording service) and all scrambled channels are decrypted perfectly... server side!

But if I turn to Elgato's SAT>IP client(android, iOS) or WatchTVPro(Windows) none of the scrambled channels works at all... but how come since the decryption is carried out server side and the DVBViewer(client) rely's purely on server side deryption as well - and that works???

But if I turn to Elgato's SAT>IP client(android, iOS) or WatchTVPro(Windows) none of the scrambled channels works at all... but how come since the decryption is carried out server side and the DVBViewer(client) rely's purely on server side deryption as well - and that works???

Serverside descrambling is not defined by the SAT>IP standard. DVBViewer products all follow a proprietary approach to do so.