Sudden problem with DVBViewer

Spongo

I have been using Ver 5.3.1.0 happily for months and have been recording from it from UK freeview all this time. Yesterday I set it to record and the next morning found the following:

A) The recorded file would not open and upon checking it was 0Kb in size.

B) The picture and sound for TV was no longer available (but the program guide info appeared when switching to a channel). There is just a black screen.

C) The signal strength meter at the bottom of the screen stays at 10%.

I tried retuning and all the channels were found and the signal was fine during the tuning process but the end result was the same as B and C above.

The card I am using is the TBS 6281 dual Freeview tuner.

To test the card I tuned in WIndows media center and it finds all the channels and they appear OK with sound and picture - so the card, aerial etc are working fine.

It seems, for some strange reason that DVDViewer is no longer working properly.

I attach the support.zip file created by your support tool. Please would you advise what I should do. Many thanks.

support.zip

Thanks but the MS Media Center was not used when the problem started. I only set it up to verify that the TV Card hardware was not faulty! The problem occurred when Media Center was not used or even set to use the TV card.

Yes, but it wasn't running when the problem started. I used the support tool to get the info after I checked the TV card with Media Center. I simply forgot to stop it. Please ignore the Media Center reference - the problem had already occurred. Minutes before the service would have shown as not running on the support.zip. I had previously reinstalled DVBViewer and all the relevant codecs with no success. THEN I set up media center to see if the TV card was the problem - it showed that the card is working fine.

Up until yesterday DVBViewer has been recording multi-channel things brilliantly. Why would it suddenly change?

• 3 weeks later...

Well almost a month and still no assistance with the problem. Not a very good service. How do I get anyone to assist with this problem? Taking my money was much quicker - would someone at the very least reply to my problem.