What is my IP of recording service ?

Kcetin20

Hello,

Ive used DVBViewer pro last year also so i fergot everything for new begin.

Now my question is how can i know have access to my phone from the web interface ?

If you're accessing it locally, it'll be the computer's IP address (possibly 192.168.x.x). Open a CMD window and type ipconfig to find out what it is. One problem is that by default routers issue dynamic addresses to the computers connected to it so you'll probably want to set it up with a static address in the router's config.

If you want to access it remotely, you first need to know if you have a dynamic or static IP address when connecting to the Internet. ISPs usually issue dynamic addresses which change from time to time so you'll need a Dynamic DNS service which keeps track of your IP address and gives you a URL which always points to the current address. (This is separate from the dynamic address that the router allocated)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_DNS

If you have a static address you simply use that but in both cases you'll also need to open the various ports that the RS uses in your router and the firewall in your computer.

If you want to find out your current (external) IP address, this site makes it easy:

http://whatismyipaddress.com/

It sounds complicated and I probably haven't explained it very well but it's actually fairly straightforward.

Edited by SimonP

As I said, you need to open the port(s) in your firewall and router, even if your phone is on the same wi-fi network.

• Like 1