Rec. Service App (iOS 8.x & 9.x)

MarkusK

You don't need to test with Chrome under iOS, because Chrome depends on Safari engine. Did you restart your iOS device?

Is the iOS web-interface OK if you open it on the RS PC http://127.0.0.1:8089/ios/iphone-en.html in a web browser?

(streamin will not work but nearly everything else should)

Are you using the new adblock capabilities of iOS?

In IE on my desktop going to http://127.0.0.1:8089/ios/iphone-en.html produces same problem, front screen partially ok but and further down and its just text.

No adblock software installed on IOS or PC

RS Service web interface works fine, just having problems with the IOS part.

Do you have disabled JavaScript in Settings -> Safari -> Extended?

JavaScript is on and I have rebooted iPad, but problem still persists

Testing with IE doesn't make sense, because it's not webkit based. I don't know, what's going wrong on your device. The webinterface, which comes with RS 1.32 is working fine for a lot of people. However, I send you now a new version with PM. Please delete your ios folder and copy the new one into the svcweb folder and try again. This is a test version for a future RS release, so it doesn't work properly. But the main functions should work.

Thanks for that, have replaced the ios folder with your new one, and closed RS and Safari Apps and re-opened them again also cleared history and website data in Safari but the problem still persists. I have also tested it on my other halfs iPad and the problem is the same on that too!

Can you access/download the http://127.0.0.1:8089/ios/css/main37.css via browser on rs pc?

Or this file http://127.0.0.1:8089/ios/js/ipad-en37.js

Users and System have full rights on SVCweb folder

Main37.css tries to download, ipad-en37.js gives a webpage cannot be found, however this is still using the test version that doesn't have the file ipad-en37.js in the ios/js/ folder

If I restore the original version supplied with RS 1.32.0.0 of the IOS folder back then it can download ipad-en37.js

Edited by Chrisw74

And which rights have the ipad-en37.js in svcweb/ios/js/ folder?

This is the file which you cant download

I can download this file now, I later found that ipad-en37.js wasn't included in the test version of the IOS folder that MarkusK PM'd me (as per post #124). I have restored the ios folder back to the version supplied with RS 1.32.0.0 and the file can be downloaded, but the problem displaying the pages still persists.

SYSTEM USER & ADMINISTRATORS have full access rights for both these files.

Edited by Chrisw74

This is because the heavy cache of iOS devices. I have to rename the files on updates to make sure, that they will be loaded. I have no more ideas at the moment, what is the problem here.

This is because the heavy cache of iOS devices. I have to rename the files on updates to make sure, that they will be loaded. I have no more ideas at the moment, what is the problem here.

That's a shame was looking forward to using that on my iPad, If you need me to test any future test releases to see if it fixes the problem please feel free to let me know, and I will be happy to give them a go and let you know. Thanks for trying anyway

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...