Grabber/Encoder/Capture Cards

hackbart

Having the same problems as Zefix with a GE+ (Win 7 pc), showing as Hauppauge Siena Capture but after setting it up as terrestrial, group H, Encoder box settings as digital serial etc' go to scan terrestrial (group H), under the new reception settings(confusing compared to the original scanner) and have to press scan twice for it to react but finds no channel.

Zefix, did you manage to fix this. Anyone else including hackbart able to help get this sorted.

Thanking you in advance.

Having the same problems as Zefix with a GE+ (Win 7 pc), showing as Hauppauge Siena Capture but after setting it up as terrestrial, group H, Encoder box settings as digital serial etc' go to scan terrestrial (group H), under the new reception settings(confusing compared to the original scanner) and have to press scan twice for it to react but finds no channel.

Zefix, did you manage to fix this. Anyone else including hackbart able to help get this sorted.

Thanking you in advance.

Please, anyone around to help me with my above post, I would be very grateful. Edited by goldfinger21

Hackbart, in the latest DVBViewer versions the scanning device has changed, If I set the Hauppauge Hd Pvr 2 as Terrestrial under Channel Group H so not to interfere with my DVB-S2 card( (using the correct inputs of Serial Digital and ABS/AEU Digital as using hdmi for both video / sound), what do I pick on the scanner page when it asks what kind of Terrestrial I want, e,g Terrestrial EUR etc.

Thanking you in advance.

Edited by goldfinger21

Really need help from you guys with my above queries, can't stand hauppauge capture or wintv 8. Even stupidly upgraded to the nightmare win 10 in the hope I can get this connected ( and of course this time the recovery option to return to win 7 is not working and to much to re-install to fresh install win 7) but still am having the same issues as Zefix. Has anyone got this working with the Hauppauge Sienna Video Capture of the Hd Pvr 2 rather than the Rocket which has a different capture engine.

Edited by goldfinger21

Okay, lets explain the Capture device (again). Such a thing does "nothing" else than converting a signal (analog or digital) into a video in a dvb similar format. The DVBViewer is able to handle these devices, but you have to select which kind of dvb type you try to simulate. Which kind of signal you select, is not important. If your grabber card has an ir transmitter (which sends a ir signal to a set top box in order to change the channel), you can create a virtual channel map.

Hi hackbart,

Thank you so much for your reply and trying to help.

Right, I am not going to use this with the ir transmitter, so only need a single grabber channel. I am connecting the device using hdmi for both video and audio(connected to a source with picture and sound been displayed). So far as per Zefix I have added the device as Hauppauge Siena Video Capture using Terrestrial, group H (so as not to interfere with my satellite card on the other groups) directly through the device section of DVBViewer, not recording service or the mapping tool (although I have tried the tool which does not appear to recognise any device attached despite been placed in the DVBViewer directory). I have then gone into the encoder settings and selected Serial Digital for video and ABS/AEU Digital for audio. I have then gone to the scan reception settings and picked Terrestrial Eur and Group H. Like Zefix the first time I press the scan (either frequency or range) nothing appears to be happening, pressing the scan a second time the scan starts but literally after just a second the green bar flies through the scan and finishes and does not find any channels. The Hd Pvr 2 does not react to this scan by lighting up the ring as per what other programs do, Hauppage Capture, Wintv 8, Jriver(which sees it as an analogue device and do an analogue scan) and which have all successfully connected to device which makes me think there is some sort of miscommunication between device and DVBViewer. Do you have experience of anyone connecting a Hd Pvr 2 (rather than a Rocket or 1112 which obviously have different encoder engines) as both myself and Zefix appear to be having the same problem.

Hope I have given you enough info to help and thanking you in advance for any further response.

Edited by goldfinger21

Obviously, Hackbart is unable to help with the hd pvr 2 connection problem, surely there is someone else on this this forum who knows how to get this device connected, I can't be the only one who has tried along with Zefix.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any likelihood that the Hauppauge HD PVR 60 will be supported?

At the moment on windows 8.1, it is not even seen from DVBViewer after a scan from settings > options > hardware > scan devices.

The Hd Pvr 60 has a newer version of the encoder hardware that is in the Rocket and this is most probably the reason it is not been seen. As with the Hd Pvr 2 (which is seen but has some sort of communication error with only DVBViewer) it doesn't look like there is going to be any sort of update. As you can see above outside of the generic answer I got from hackbart to my pushing for help my problems with connecting the hd pvr 2 have been ignored (along with Zefix) which considering I have paid for the software is slightly disappointing.

• 7 years later...
On 11/3/2015 at 10:56 PM, t5b6_de said:

Is it possible to add support for the elgato game capture hd?

It also produces a really nice mpeg-ts with h.264 video and aac audio, but driver is may be not based on BDA

Could anyone please say me, if it is supported today? If not: Alternatives?

I mean this one: https://www.alternate.de/html/product/1570760?partner=goadwoPLA&srsltid=AfmBOop_ek59bMROvL1LZDGK2VFKoDnC3_dPWTH589csoqdjpSfMSC2P4Yg

Edited by DasFragezeichen

I've got a Hauppauge Colossus 2 capture card which is not the same, being an internal pcie card. However, I have recently carried out a clean install of it and found the experience of the installation process different to my original installation which was subject to test DVBViewer exe files. Maybe it will give you some other things to try.

The card is recognised as a "Hauppauge Serial Video Capture". Based on previous experience I selected tuner type ATSC and fromn the settings picked video input as "Video Serial Digital" and audio as "AES/EBU Digital".

I was offered America ATSC for the tuner frequencies and was able to scan and save the minimum one channel that I needed.

With these settings I am able to record video and audio from the HDMI connection.