goldfinger21

Having the same problems as Zefix with a GE+ (Win 7 pc), showing as Hauppauge Siena Capture but after setting it up as terrestrial, group H, Encoder box settings as digital serial etc' go to scan terrestrial (group H), under the new reception settings(confusing compared to the original scanner) and have to press scan twice for it to react but finds no channel.

Zefix, did you manage to fix this. Anyone else including hackbart able to help get this sorted.

Thanking you in advance.

goldfinger21

Having the same problems as Zefix with a GE+ (Win 7 pc), showing as Hauppauge Siena Capture but after setting it up as terrestrial, group H, Encoder box settings as digital serial etc' go to scan terrestrial (group H), under the new reception settings(confusing compared to the original scanner) and have to press scan twice for it to react but finds no channel.

Zefix, did you manage to fix this. Anyone else including hackbart able to help get this sorted.

Thanking you in advance.

Please, anyone around to help me with my above post, I would be very grateful. Edited by goldfinger21

goldfinger21

Hackbart, in the latest DVBViewer versions the scanning device has changed, If I set the Hauppauge Hd Pvr 2 as Terrestrial under Channel Group H so not to interfere with my DVB-S2 card( (using the correct inputs of Serial Digital and ABS/AEU Digital as using hdmi for both video / sound), what do I pick on the scanner page when it asks what kind of Terrestrial I want, e,g Terrestrial EUR etc.

Thanking you in advance.

Edited by goldfinger21

goldfinger21

Really need help from you guys with my above queries, can't stand hauppauge capture or wintv 8. Even stupidly upgraded to the nightmare win 10 in the hope I can get this connected ( and of course this time the recovery option to return to win 7 is not working and to much to re-install to fresh install win 7) but still am having the same issues as Zefix. Has anyone got this working with the Hauppauge Sienna Video Capture of the Hd Pvr 2 rather than the Rocket which has a different capture engine.

Edited by goldfinger21

hackbart

Okay, lets explain the Capture device (again). Such a thing does "nothing" else than converting a signal (analog or digital) into a video in a dvb similar format. The DVBViewer is able to handle these devices, but you have to select which kind of dvb type you try to simulate. Which kind of signal you select, is not important. If your grabber card has an ir transmitter (which sends a ir signal to a set top box in order to change the channel), you can create a virtual channel map.

goldfinger21

Hi hackbart,

Thank you so much for your reply and trying to help.

Right, I am not going to use this with the ir transmitter, so only need a single grabber channel. I am connecting the device using hdmi for both video and audio(connected to a source with picture and sound been displayed). So far as per Zefix I have added the device as Hauppauge Siena Video Capture using Terrestrial, group H (so as not to interfere with my satellite card on the other groups) directly through the device section of DVBViewer, not recording service or the mapping tool (although I have tried the tool which does not appear to recognise any device attached despite been placed in the DVBViewer directory). I have then gone into the encoder settings and selected Serial Digital for video and ABS/AEU Digital for audio. I have then gone to the scan reception settings and picked Terrestrial Eur and Group H. Like Zefix the first time I press the scan (either frequency or range) nothing appears to be happening, pressing the scan a second time the scan starts but literally after just a second the green bar flies through the scan and finishes and does not find any channels. The Hd Pvr 2 does not react to this scan by lighting up the ring as per what other programs do, Hauppage Capture, Wintv 8, Jriver(which sees it as an analogue device and do an analogue scan) and which have all successfully connected to device which makes me think there is some sort of miscommunication between device and DVBViewer. Do you have experience of anyone connecting a Hd Pvr 2 (rather than a Rocket or 1112 which obviously have different encoder engines) as both myself and Zefix appear to be having the same problem.

Hope I have given you enough info to help and thanking you in advance for any further response.

Edited by goldfinger21

goldfinger21

Obviously, Hackbart is unable to help with the hd pvr 2 connection problem, surely there is someone else on this this forum who knows how to get this device connected, I can't be the only one who has tried along with Zefix.

satdown

Is there any likelihood that the Hauppauge HD PVR 60 will be supported?

At the moment on windows 8.1, it is not even seen from DVBViewer after a scan from settings > options > hardware > scan devices.

goldfinger21

The Hd Pvr 60 has a newer version of the encoder hardware that is in the Rocket and this is most probably the reason it is not been seen. As with the Hd Pvr 2 (which is seen but has some sort of communication error with only DVBViewer) it doesn't look like there is going to be any sort of update. As you can see above outside of the generic answer I got from hackbart to my pushing for help my problems with connecting the hd pvr 2 have been ignored (along with Zefix) which considering I have paid for the software is slightly disappointing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• PeteD
      By PeteD
      Hi,

Nachdem mein PCTV Quatro 510e USB-Stick den Geist aufgegeben hatte (Gerät wird nicht mehr erkannt, auch auf anderen Rechnern), und man diesen offensichtlich nicht mehr nachkaufen kann, habe ich mich für einen Hauppauge WinTV DualHD USB-Stick entschieden.

Leider scheint es im Zusammenspiel mit DVBViewer Pro 6.1.5.2 Empfangsprobleme zu geben. Ein Sendersuchlauf gegen Cable-All hat offiziell keine Sender gefunden (Anzeige gelb/dunkelrot und 0/0 im Suchlauf), die Senderliste namens Cable-All ist aber gefüllt. Wenn ich danach einzelne Stationen aufrufe, bleibt das Bild schwarz, in der Statusleiste werden gelb hinterlegt 35% bis 39% angezeigt.

Wenn ich dagegen in der proprietären Hauppauge-Software den Sendersuchlauf mache, findet er alles und habe ich ein gestochenes Bild. Da deren Software vom Funktionsumfang allerdings weit hinter dem DVBViewer zurück liegt und ich auch zufrieden bin, will ich die Software nicht wechseln.

An welchen Schrauben muss ich drehen?

Gruss - Peter
    • Jason Williams
      By Jason Williams
      Hello,

I just got DVBViewer (mostly) working with my Hauppauge HD PVR2, but I can't figure out how to map the channels.  I configured the virtual tuner as ATSC, and I can scan for channels, but each channel is showing up with the same video stream.  I'm using the internal blaster, so I didn't populate the blaster .dll in the config.

I see there is an old app Haugppauge PVR Channel Map Tool, but that doesn't work for me.  The tuners don't populate at the top and I can't do anything. 

Can anyone provide guidance on this?

TIA
    • Fernsehfreund
      By Fernsehfreund
      Hallo zusammen,

laut Information des Herstellers Hauppauge ist die WinTV-Box für den Unicable-Betrieb geeignet, wenn als Software der DVBViewer verwendet wird. Daraufhin habe ich den DVBViewer Pro gekauft und installiert.
      Die Installation der WinTV-Box verlief ebenfalls problemlos. Sie wird im Gerätemanager als Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA SAT (Model 139100) erkannt und mit dem Status „Das Gerät funktioniert einwandfrei“ angezeigt.
      Seit 3 Wochen gelingt es mir jedoch nicht, Sender mit dem Sendersuchlauf zu finden und die mittels Button „Senderliste laden“ geladenen 436 (free) bzw. 1015 (all) Sender „abzuspielen“, d.h. kein Bild, kein Ton, keine EPG-Daten.  

Dazu habe ich den DVBViewer x-mal deinstalliert und wieder neu installiert, verschiedenste Veränderungen bei den Empfangseinstellungen (LNB-Typ, DiSEqC) und bei den Geräteeinstellungen/Hardware-Optionen (Unicable- Kanal und Frequenz) vorgenommen, wobei die Meldung „Dieses Gerät ist nicht komplett Unicable tauglich. Fortfahren?“ erscheint und nur mit Klick auf Unicable-Button+Strg geöffnet werden konnte.
      Bei einem der vielen Versuche wurden dann zuerst 2 und mit anderen Einstellungen noch 6 weitere Sender (spanische, französische) gefunden, ohne Bild und Ton zu haben.
      Unter Optionen/Hardware wird die Box als „Hauppauge Model 139xxx SAT Tuner“ erkannt (s. Bild_01 Optionen_Hardware)!

Beim Sendersuchlauf wird das Gerät als „Hauppauge Model 139xxx SAT Tuner“ erkannt (s.Bild_03 Sendersuchlauf).

Die Medienwiedergabe (.mp4- bzw. .mp3-Dateien) funktioniert aber im DVBViewer.

Zum Test, ob der Anschluss/das Kabel funktioniert wurde ein digitaler TechniSAT-Receiver S2 angeschlossen. Alle auf dem Receiver eingestellten Sender wurden auf dem angeschlossenen Fernseher mit Bild und Ton angezeigt.

Meine Suche nach Lösung des Problems im Handbuch und bei DVBViewer Wiki blieb erfolglos. Im Forum, in dem bereits eine Unmenge ähnlicher Probleme abgehandelt wurde, konnte ich die für mich zutreffende Lösung nicht finden bzw. brachte nicht den gewünschten Erfolg. Da ich nicht mehr weiter weiß, bitte ich auf diesem Weg um Hilfe und Unterstützung durch die Community.  

TV-Box
      Hersteller:                   Hauppauge
      Typ:                            WINTV-NOVA-S_HD USB 2.0
      Treiber:                       1.36.35264.0 vom 21.09.2017

Mainboard
      Hersteller:                   ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
      Typ:                            F1A75-M LE
      Prozessor:                   AMD A6 APU with Radeon ™ HD Graphics, 2100 MHz, 3 Kerne

Grafikkarte
      Hersteller:                   NVIDIA
      Typ:                            GeForce 210  
      Treiber:                       9.18.13.4144 vom 03.02.2015 (aktuell gem. Überprüfung 23.01.2018)

PC-Betriebssystem:    Windows 7/64 bit

SAT-Anlage:              Astra 19.2 E
                                         Unicable/für 4 Teilnehmer
                                         derzeit Kanal 1/1210 MHz und Kanal 4/2040 MHz in Betrieb
      LNB:                          Fabrikat: Televes; Typ: ?

support.zip
    • zetka
      By zetka
      Hello,
      I have tested the Avermedia Homefree duet F200 network tuner with DVBViewer. I have installed the BDA drivers, it works on W7 with Windows mediacenter OK. In case of DVBViewer (5.6.4.0) the drivers for both tuners are found in Options correctly, it even tunes or searches programs, but after few seconds of seeing the stream it stops to transport the steam. I use the sw utility networx for monitoring the network activity on the PC and on the data graph it could be seen, that after a short increase of activity there is a few seconds of fast data stream (reaching Mbytes (not mbits) /s), but after that the data stream stops. On the Windows MC the data stream speed increases not so high, but after certain time the stream decreases to the speed of real Mbit speed of the chanel data. On the attached screenshot graph is on the left the data stream with DVBViewer, on the right it is on windows MCE.
      I suppose that the problem is in DvBviwer, that it works with the driver differently than the MCE.
      Although it is an old piece of HW with a discontinued support, its functionality is still good, but is a pitty that it is not working propery with DVBViewer.
      BR,
      Vojtech, Prague.
    • Rusher3687
      By Rusher3687
      Hallo Liebe gemeinde.

Vorweg: ich verwende schon eine ewigkeit den DVBViewer aber bisher in Verbindung mit Kabel (Kabvel Deutschland)

Jetzt zu meinem Problem.

Wir haben bei uns von Kabel auf Entertain umgebaut. Erst hab ch die Sender in den DVBViewer eingepflegt. mich störte aber die EPG Problematik.
      Also habe ich doch die Entertainbox in Verwendung. Wie sag ich jetztz mal nicht da ich nicht weiß ob es 100% legal ist. als Hinweiß nur ein HDMI splitter und HDMI IN card sind im Einsatz. (für aslles wird bezahlt.)

Bei der Livegamer ist eine Software namen RECentral dabei.
      Dort Funktoniert auch alles soweit. (schau so schon seit 5 Monaten)
      Jetzt bin ich aber auch dabei alles über EventGhost laufen zu lassen wo bei Recentral ein Problem herscht warum auch immer (wenn ich warten lasse und dann mausklick läst er das Programm die zeit X warten egal wielang das Program braucht zum Starten)
      da dachte ich mir warum schaust du nicht mal mit DVBViewer da es auch noch sehr viele andere Vorteile hat zb allways on Top usw.

jetzt hab ich ein Bisschen recherchiert und im ENglischen bereich etwas gefunden welches ich mir ins deutsche übersetzt hab. Es gibt auch ein Video aber es will nicht

DVBViewer erkennt die Karte aber nicht wie dort beschrieben als IT9910 Capture Filter sondern als
      AverMedia HD Capture C985 Bus 3

und egal was ich mache er findet nicht besagtn Sender.
      Fehlt mir ein BDA treiber oder oder oder. kann mir einer Helfen. ich habe auch schon gelesen das es mit der Karte gehen soll.
      Mit besten Dank.
      Micha

PS. Ich bin Leider kein Rechtschreibguru als obitte habt ein nachsehen