DVBViewer plugin for Emby

unlimited4

Hey there, im currently working on an DVBViewer plugin for emby using the recording service API, my current progress is documented here on the emby forums: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/21717-DVBViewer-plugin/

and the source code: https://github.com/shfatimi/EmbyTV-DVBViewer-Host

i was wondering if anyone here could assist me with some of the information that the plugin needs, right now its fine in calling for channel data, and playing live tv, but the plugin also needs information about the hardware, such as model and device ID, this is currently either not exposed through the recording service API or its not documented on the Recording Service API wikipage

was wondering anyone can assist me in getting those values?

There is some information from the regular webinterface.

http://[user:password]@IP:port/status.html?aktion=status

But since this isnt part of the api the result is not xml, but html.

thanks for your reply, yeah i can write a little script to parse the html, ill just strip the information i need out, except that page also does not provide the details i need unfortunately

In the next RS version the http://127.0.0.1:8089/description.xml (Sat>IP) will contain the satip:X_SATIPCAP tag

<satip:X_SATIPCAP>DVBS2-0,DVBT-2,DVBT2-1,DVBC-0</satip:X_SATIPCAP>

which shows how many tuners of which type are available.

But you can't decide which tuner is used for streaming or recording in the RS. This decision is made by the RS based on the recoding and streaming clients active at the moment a stream starts or a recording starts.

Therefore I don't see which benefit model and device ID would give you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would be very happy to test this plugin.
I run my Windows Server with the Emby und DVBViewer - unfortunately the MCE doesn´t work with WHS.

Emby with DVBViewer Backend would be my dream.

• 3 weeks later...

I am new to DVBViewer, I am still in the process of configuring DN channels which is kind of twisted, not as it not straight forward in terms if LOF etc anyway I am getting there slowly.

Speaking of emby, I am a heavy user of the this app, I found it to be the best server for managing video library, great support team, the project is continually involving, new stuffs are added frequently. I think it will be a great synergy if plugin or some sort can be develops that incorporate with DVBViewer into emby. I hope someone with step into the project

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

One of the reasons I recently bought DVBViewer license, is to 'connect' it with Emby which I'm using already for many years to full satisfaction.

My DD OctopusNet 4x DVB-C with 2x AlphaCrypt CAM and 2x Ziggo payment card (Netherlands TV provider) works great, but I like to use it with DVBViewer and the Live-TV option of Emby, besides Kodi (in stead of DVBLogic with Emby which I used to use, but didn't work always as it should.....)..

As I found several info about an Emby plugin of DVBViewer, but can't get it and thus also can't get it to work, I need your HELP: please supply a working Emby DVBViewer plugin as several times mentioned in this forum....please HELP !

Thanks in advance !

Mostly the emby forum is the better place to ask.

Because as fare a I understand emby need a plugin to handle Sat>IP.

So you are looking for a plugin for emby and not one for the DVBViewer or the RS.

First of all, many thanks for your repley!

Yes, you are fully correct: I'm using DVBViewer Recording Services (RS) even including all TV-channel logo's, etc. which can be synchronised with for example: Kodi: works great !

So, I'm looking for a DVBViewer RS plug-in for Emby (if possible with synchronisation of TV channel logo's): I know that a SATIP plugin is not available at the moment. Furthermore: plugin's like DVBViewer RS and also DVBlogic, etc. add extra functionality as EPG, TV channel logo's, etc. as far as I know, but it would be GREAT if Emby could take over this functionality and adopt this inside a SATIP plugin: this making DVBViewer RS or DVBlogic not neccessary anymore......

As I'm using an OctopusNet with Multi-tuner server-side CI/CAM-decryption, it would be GREAT to have ONLY emby to support this as a SATIP solution!

As I'm using an OctopusNet with Multi-tuner server-side CI/CAM-decryption, it would be GREAT to have ONLY emby to support this as a SATIP solution!

You have to ask the emby developer for a plugin like this.

Why the DVBViewer dev's should create a plugin for emby and octopusnet?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...