Not a full recording

kathekas

Hi

When I try try to record BBC 1 Oxford local news each weekday evening from 1800 hrs to 1800hrs DVBVeiwer on records 1-2 minutes.

I select this program from the EPG.

Other programs record no problem.

Please can anyone help?

Thanks.

BBC 1 Oxford local news from 1800 hrs to 1800hrs

Seems there is not much happening in Oxford. :) No wonder you don't get more than 1 minute. Or is it a 24 hrs event? :D

Well, I think I know what you mean. Oxford News from 17:30 to 18:00 GMT, right? If BBC dynamically switches over to regional streams in the same way as German broadcasters, you need to tick Settings -> Options -> Recorder -> Auto split on channel data change. Are you receiving it via satellite?

Anyway, I'll check it tonight. Recently I've set up another dish pointing to Astra 28° East, in order to overcome the bloody UK spot beam and benefit from Auntie's wisdom...

Here is my recording log:

BBC One Oxford 22.06.2015

D:\...\DVBViewer Pro\06-22_19-25-01_BBC One Oxford_BBC Oxford News.ts

Device: Hauppauge WinTV 88x DVB-S/S2 Tuner/Demod (1)

19:25:01 / 00:00:00 (~ 0,0 MB) Start
19:25:02 / 00:00:01 (~ 0,4 MB) PID 5500: MPEG2 Video, 16:9, 720x576, 25 fps
19:25:02 / 00:00:01 (~ 0,4 MB) PID 5501: MPEG Audio Stereo, 48 khz, 224 kbps
20:10:00 / 00:44:59 (~ 1160,3 MB) Stop

Average Data Rate: 0,430 MB/s
Total Size: 1160,3 MB (1216662868 Bytes)
Removed Filler Data: 0,6 MB (0,1%)

No dynamic stream switching, no auto-split due to channel data change. Obviously it's complete including 5 minutes lead time and 10 minutes follow-up time.

However, there is one thing puzzling me: The recorded news programme (when I watch it) is called "BBC South Today", not "Oxford News", as if I had recorded BBC South on the same frequency (Astra 28° East 10818 H). But the recorded PIDs belong to BBC Oxford (verified with the TransEdit scanner). How can that be???

:wtf:

Now it's your turn to provide more details...

Thanks, I will set it to record tonight and record to a log file.

In the past I had it writing to a log file and it showed the truncated time.

The program time is 1830 - 1900 hrs.

I checked the setting you suggested and this seems to be the default setting, so I did not need to alter it.

The Oxford version usually has a blonde reading the news.

Edited by kathekas

Is your system time correct? If the EPG time differs from the PC system time recordings may become shorter (or longer) than expected. Or the program is not recorded at all.

Once again it failed.

s25gex.png

Log file

[General]
Version=1.1
[Media]
Created=23.06.2015 18:29:02
Channel=BBC One Oxford
LastShown=30.12.1899
LastPosition=0
Played=0
[0]
Id=37616
Date=23.06.2015
Time=18:30:00
Duration=00:30:00
Title=BBC Oxford News
Info=The latest news, sport, weather and features from Oxfordshire and the surrounding region.
Description=[16:9]|[stereo] [eng]|[DVB subtitles] [eng]
Charset=255
Content=32
MinimumAge=0
[stats]
Errors=0
Size=12.94 MB (13565704 bytes)
Avr. Datarate=0.007 MB/s
Device=TBS 6982 DVBS/S2 Tuner A (1)
Thanks for reading.
Log file

Sorry, but that's not the kind of log file that is required. You have posted the EPG info file (with .txt file extension). Please make sure that Options -> Recorder -> Recordings -> Write Log File is ticked and post the .log file.

Though I can see that something went wrong (file size much too small, average data rate far too low) the .txt file does not show the chronology and which streams have been recorded.

Thanks.

I will try again tonight.

The only setting I can see which is different in the channel settings is DisqC. I have changed these.