Edit Channel parameters scanner window

userip

Hi,

TransEdit is very good piece of code. However, it lacks some functions. For example, in the Scanner Window you can't modify the parameters of found channels. For example, sometimes when insuficient signal is present, then some free to air programs are detected as encrypted. And when a program is in red you can't preview it. However, if it will possible to change the encription value (or other values) then will be posible to improve scanning with low quality satellites.

What you think about this?

not true!

Hi!

Which version you use? My version is 4.1.0.0.

And when a program is in red the preview button displays a modal window which says: "Sorry - there is no (free) DVB device available for this actios". But any other program (not in red) in the same frequency opens the preview window.

Any hidden feature?

:shocked:

Edited by userip

Hi,

Another simple suggestion for the Analyze window of the TransEdit: It's possible that Signal Quality and Power values are shown in that window?

I discovered this tool recendly, and now I can't live without it!

not true!

Hi!

Which version you use? My version is 4.1.0.0.

Any hidden feature?

:shocked:

Hi Derrick,

I re-check it. Results:

- When I use as SAT>IP server the Recording Service, with a device configured as RTSP source and check "HasCI", then it works.

- But when I directly use in TE the SAT>IP server it don't works!

The conclusion is: TE 4.x don't likes to open "red" programs.

So, I suggest to change this behaviour because a) it can be an incorrect detection; b ) the server can decrypt the source. It's an artificial limitation!

What you think?

Edited by userip

So, I suggest to change this behaviour because a) it can be an incorrect detection; b ) the server can decrypt the source. It's an artificial limitation!

a) the scanner only checks the encryption flag in the SDT. If the service is not scrambled preview will work fine. The SI tables like SDT are crc protected. An weak signal with lots of errors won't spoil the scan if some tables are received correctly.

b ) a service is encrypted if the elementary streams are scrambled. To check this you have to open the analyser (scrambled streams are in red). In this case the streams can be previewed by a RTSP device provided the server has decryption capabilties.

So, no need for changes :)

Hi,

Another simple suggestion for the Analyze window of the TransEdit: It's possible that Signal Quality and Power values are shown in that window?

I discovered this tool recendly, and now I can't live without it!

Hi,

Already implemented! I discovered that the "Analyze" window hast the Quality value, but not the "Scanning" window.

Only for comment if someone request it.

a) the scanner only checks the encryption flag in the SDT. If the service is not scrambled preview will work fine. The SI tables like SDT are crc protected. An weak signal with lots of errors won't spoil the scan if some tables are received correctly.

b ) a service is encrypted if the elementary streams are scrambled. To check this you have to open the analyser (scrambled streams are in red). In this case the streams can be previewed by a RTSP device provided the server has decryption capabilties.

So, no need for changes :)

Hi Derrick,

Thank you for your comment. I explain more:

A ) The CRC of the tables aren't 100% accurate. I can scan some frequencies with only FTA services and the TE shows some "red" programs.

B ) This is only done if the SAT>IP server is the RS, and not if it's someother, even if it can execute the descrambling. I need to prove it? Please think on this:

- I have a SAT>IP that can decrypt some (DVB-C) services. All SI tables indicates "scrambled".

- If I use TE with this server, after the scan some services are "red" in the table. Result: I can't preview any in red!

- Then I configure the SAME server as a device (only with this device enabled) in the RS, and checking "HasCI". Of coure, the RS don't have any plugin or similar tool for decryption.

- After that I execute the SAME scan in TE but now throught the RS (changing the configuration for pointing to RS), and it is then requesting to the hardware SAT>IP server...

- final result: preview works!

So this is an artificial limitation, imposed by TE. The tool can launch the preview window even if the service is in "red"... the responsability for decrypt is in the server, and the preview don't have troubles if the received stream is encrypted (equal to receive garbagge data). We can circunvent this using RS, but this is stupid... or not?

Are you sure that the programmer don't needs to chenge "one line of code" (a simple If) for remove this? You think so?

Edited by userip

- If I use TE with this server, after the scan some services are "red" in the table. Result: I can't preview any in red!

If it's scrambled, you can't watch it unless you have the means to descramble it. I really don't understand what you want.

And when a program is in red the preview button displays a modal window which says: "Sorry - there is no (free) DVB device available for this action"

You can tell TransEdit 4.1 that a device has a CI (even if it does not) by adding a line to the [Hardware] section in the file TransEdit.ini, that is located in the configuration folder:

(1) Close TransEdit. Open the file TransEdit.ini with a text editor (Notepad). Search for the [Hardware] section.

(2) Decide wich device(s) shall have a CI entry, Here is an example showing the third device in my device list (with number .2, since the first device has number .0)

Name.2=Hauppauge WinTV 88x DVB-S/S2 Tuner/Demod

ID.2=@device:pnp:\\?\... etc.

TunerType.2=1

HasCI.2=1 <======= add this

Groups.2=4

Status.2=1

etc.

(3) Store the changed file and relaunch TransEdit

Now TransEdit will assume that this device has a CI and will not show the "No free DVB device" message anymore.

TransEdit 4.1 supports descrambling, but only for a very limited number of device types. That are RTSP devices associated with the Recording Service, Tuners from Digital Devices and old TechnoTrend devices like TT 3200 / 3650.

• Like 1

You can tell TransEdit 4.1 that a device has a CI (even if it does not) by adding a line to the [Hardware] section in the file TransEdit.ini, that is located in the configuration folder:

(1) Close TransEdit. Open the file TransEdit.ini with a text editor (Notepad). Search for the [Hardware] section.

(2) Decide wich device(s) shall have a CI entry, Here is an example showing the third device in my device list (with number .2, since the first device has number .0)

HasCI.2=1 <======= add this

etc.

(3) Store the changed file and relaunch TransEdit

Hi Griga,

Thank you the response.

But this don't work at all! I already tested it (before to post this thread). In TE 4.1.0.0. this entry (HasCI) is unused in the config file (TransEdit.INI). So, it's completly impossible to use it. The only workaroung that I found is redirect the call using the RS SAT>IP server functionality.

Please, if you can, do one these options: or implement "HasCI" in TE 4.1; or remove the artificial limitation to "preview" any channel (is fta or encrypted, or in any other state like "disabled"). Personally, I prefer the last one option, because is very common that SI tables have wrong info.

Regards.

PD: My TransEdit.ini

[Hardware]
Name.0=RTSP Network Device
ID.0=192.168.1.25
TunerType.0=2
HasCI.0=1
Groups.0=255
Status.0=1
DeviceNr.0=0
DeviceType.0=2
AutoRetune.0=0
Priority.0=2
ConnectionTimeout.0=1000
RecvBuf.0=13560
DVB-T2.0=0
WholeTransponder.0=0
ReorderTimeout.0=100
ServerPort.0=554
PortBase.0=52000
PortRange.0=100
UseTCP.0=0
MaxPids.0=32
Name.1=RTSP Network Device
ID.1=192.168.1.26
TunerType.1=1
HasCI.1=1
Groups.1=255
Status.1=1
DeviceNr.1=1
DeviceType.1=2
AutoRetune.1=0
Priority.1=2
ConnectionTimeout.1=1000
RecvBuf.1=13560
DVB-S2.1=1
WholeTransponder.1=0
ReorderTimeout.1=100
ServerPort.1=554
PortBase.1=52000
PortRange.1=100
UseTCP.1=0
MaxPids.1=32
Edited by userip

or remove the artificial limitation to "preview" any channel

Again, there is no artificial limitation. Streams that are scrambled can't be previewed but have to be descrambled by means of a CAM before.

Again, there is no artificial limitation. Streams that are scrambled can't be previewed but have to be descrambled by means of a CAM before.

Sorry, but this is a completly "artificial" limitation. Please, re-read my previous post #8! :book:

Resum: My DVB-C SAT>IP server *can* descramb... but TE don't likes to "preview". If I configure the same DVB-C SAT>IP server on RS, and in TE I change the IP of the SAT>IP server from the one of the physical server to the RS server, then I can "preview"... without ANY other change. THIS IS AN ARTIFICIAL LIMITATION!! Of course the RS is completly transparent (it don't decode anything!)

Then, the code includes an "if X then", and it can be safely removed!

Please, don't lie to customers! :mad:

Sorry Derrick, if this sounds high, but I'm sure that Griga undertands perfectly my comment. :innocent:

Hi,

TransEdit is very good piece of code. However, it lacks some functions. For example, in the Scanner Window you can't modify the parameters of found channels. For example, sometimes when insuficient signal is present, then some free to air programs are detected as encrypted. And when a program is in red you can't preview it. However, if it will possible to change the encription value (or other values) then will be posible to improve scanning with low quality satellites.

What you think about this?

Remember your 1st post? What you wrote here is nonsense! If you in the meantime want something different, you should start a new topic.

But this don't work at all! I already tested it (before to post this thread). In TE 4.1.0.0. this entry (HasCI) is unused in the config file (TransEdit.INI). So, it's completly impossible to use it.

Here it works:

Name.3=Professional DVB Digital TV DVB-S2

ID.3=@device:pnp:\\...

TunerType.3=1

HasCI.3=1

Zwischenablage01.png

Please note that I have applied the tweak to a DVB device, not to a RTSP device. Without HasCI.3=1 I get "Sorry - there is no (free) DVB device available for this action". With HasCI.3=1 the Preview window opens. Of course I get no video, because the DVB card has no CI. But TransEdit believes that it has.

Resum: My DVB-C SAT>IP server *can* descramb... but TE don't likes to "preview".

Ok, your problem seems to be that the "HasCI" tweak does not work with a Sat>IP server other than the Recording Service. Is this correct? I will check it...

What is the name of this Sat>IP server?

Of course I get no video, because the DVB card has no CI.

Even if you have a CI the tweak doesn't work properly. At least with a FireDTV/Alphacrypt a scrambled service only can be previewed, if the CAM has been initialized to this service before. Here an example with NPO1 on 19E, 12515H. NPO2 and other channels remain black unless these services have been tuned before by either the DVBViewer directly or a RTSP device assigned to the RS.

Snap2.png

Even if you have a CI the tweak doesn't work properly.

It can't because TransEdit doesn't support the FireDTV CI as you should know.

In the context of this topic the tweak is only used to persuade the scanner to open the Preview window if the service in question is detected as encrypted, instead of responding with a "There is no (free) DVB device available for this action" message. It isn't supposed to enable CI functionality.

It would be easier to handle this topic without your interjections. ;)

@userip: You are right. I've checked the code. The HasCI tweak is not supported for RTSP devices. There are two kinds of Sat>IP servers for which HasCi is set automatically on server detection. That are the Recording Service and Digital Devices Octopus Net. For all other Sat>IP servers HasCI is reset. This will be changed in the next TransEdit release.

• Like 1

@userip: You are right. I've checked the code. The HasCI tweak is not supported for RTSP devices. There are two kinds of Sat>IP servers for which HasCi is set automatically on server detection. That are the Recording Service and Digital Devices Octopus Net. For all other Sat>IP servers HasCI is reset. This will be changed in the next TransEdit release.

Thank you, Griga!

That's all that I like to hear! :D

• 5 months later...

Hi Griga,

New year, and more than half a year when I request to fix this bug.

So, when the "next" release of TransEdit will be available?

Only for this fix I really like to use it! :)

Thank you!

• 2 months later...

Hi Griga,

Eight months later I like to say: Thank you! ;)

TransEdit 4.1.1 finally has fixed the "HasCI" available for any SAT>IP server.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/2745-transedit/page-4#entry444617

I hope you hear for other requests, like:

- Option for forcing the use of RTSP over TCP (instead of UDP) for SAT>IP if the server supports it (like with RS).

- Change audio channel in the preview window of the TE.

- Simple UDP streaming option from TE.

Best!

Edited by userip

Sorry, but there is almost no time left to develop TransEdit further. DVBViewer Pro and the Recording Service eat it all.

So only things that are important for (internal) developing purpose resp. TransEdit as a test platform are done, no user requests anymore.

Sorry, but there is almost no time left to develop TransEdit further. DVBViewer Pro and the Recording Service eat it all.

So only things that are important for (internal) developing purpose resp. TransEdit as a test platform are done, no user requests anymore.

Ok, I can accept it. No problem.

But, please, fix a bug inside TE 4.1.1:

- The "HasCI.X=1" is DELETED when you make any change in the UI.

So, please, add the option in the UI for "Has CI support" and don't REMOVE it from the config!

(For reproduce the bug: Make manual change adding "HasCI.X=1" in your config; then start TE and change in the UI from "normal" to "preferred". Then close... when you restart the CI support has disappeared!).