Playback currently recording programme

jud.drej

I have installed(updated to) the latest versions of both DVBViewer (5.4.1b) and the Recording Service (1.31.0.).

Before the updates, when a programme was recording on timer it would show in recordings and I could use DVBViewer (client) to play back the currently recording program while still recording.

Since the latest updates the currently recording programme does not show in recordings, only in timer as 'currently recording' so there is no way to play back with the client DVBV - although I assume I might be able to play back by opening the file from explorer with an alternative media player (not yet tried but am about to).

I presume this must be a bug so just bringing it to your notice.

Edited by jud.drej

Just tried to playback the .TS file with mpc-be direct from explorer and it plays back fine so I think the entry into 'recordings' is all that is missing.

Since the latest updates the currently recording programme does not show in recordings, only in timer as 'currently recording' so there is no way to play back with the client DVBV

I tried and couldn't reproduce it. However, since this is not the first report I've seen in this respect, I've checked the code, and that's what I've found out:

- If EPG data is available for a recording when it starts, the Recording Service immediately creates a data base entry, and it shows up in the list of recordings.

- If there is no EPG data available for a recording when it starts, the Recording service creates the data base entry when the recording stops, hoping that some information will arrive in the meantime. In this case the recording does not show up in the list of recordings until it is finished.

This may be a bit irritating. Dunno yet if it can be fixed somehow, e.g. by creating a provisionary entry first and updating it later. Will be checked.

However, you can also play a recording with DVBViewer from the Explorer. Simply play it as file, e.g. by dragging and dropping it into the main window.

The recording itself is a weekly recurring one set within the epg via firefox. I usually do an epg collect about twice a week, I maybe forgot this time so perhaps the epg had not been updated enough. Thanks for looking into it.