PROBLEM (new in v1.31.0) - hidden record button

chris_ac

Hello

Within the history the following is stated:

• Change: Web Interface: The EPG Details Window hides the record button if the program is already covered by a timer.

This new functionality is not working as expected.

Is there a way to disable this behavior - sometimes it is not really helpful - for example when needing/wanting two dedicated recordings - although if they are overlapping on the same channel.

This is new in version 1.31.0 - in v1.30.1 this was no problem.

In addition this functionality doesn't work as expected / has an error.

Example:

Channel EPG shows two entries for Sportschau live.

• first entry runs until 15:20 (+ 30min post recording)

• second entry runs until 19:00

• second event has no recording button in the channel's EPG list

post-8513-0-72767200-1437831612_thumb.jpg

The Timer List shows only one entry:

post-8513-0-53290200-1437831759_thumb.jpg

Details for the timer:

• Ending time is 15:20 + 30 min (follow up time) - so the real end/stop time is 15:50

• This overlapping prevents the second timer which would start at 15:23 (-10 min lead time) end at 19:00 (+ 30 min)

• Seems only the starting time will be processed - the ending time handling is missing

• This prevents to record the whole event!!!

post-8513-0-32060700-1437831783_thumb.jpg

Now the screenshots of what I tried to add the second timer:

Search EPG for "Leichtathletik" (String is part of both events)

post-8513-0-81418200-1437831808_thumb.jpg

• This shows both entries

Clicking the second link - the details popup is missing the record button - but I would expect and need it.

post-8513-0-59476900-1437831829_thumb.jpg

Is there a workaround so that I can create a timer for the second entry?
Is it possible to prevent not showing the record button in general?

// Thanks in advance

// chris

Is there a workaround so that I can create a timer for the second entry?

Is it possible to prevent not showing the record button in general?

No and no.

The issue is most likely caused by the fact that both parts of "Sportschau" have the same PDC (Program Delivery Control), which means, the same nominal start time, as I can see in the TransEdit Analyzer. The broadcaster regards the two parts as a single broadcast interrupted by "Tagesschau".

Looks like this special constellation is not handled correctly. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce it anymore because the first part is already in the past. But I will check the code...

Ok, confirmed. I have found another broadcast of this type :)

Zwischenablage01.png

This must be fixed. You can work around this issue by disabling EPG monitoring (set it to none in the timer). This will prevent PDC usage and allow to schedule both parts separately, or to edit the timer and extend the end time so the recording covers both parts.

Hello Griga

many thanks for the fast answer!
You are right - the PDC is the same - see the screenshot of the 1st entry's details below. Nevertheless the stop time was not right ...

post-8513-0-09503300-1437834955_thumb.jpg

To my surprise the stop time has been changed while recording automatically - I would guess this has been done due to the recording setting:

EPG Monitoring --> Start/End time update by EPG

This all was a bit irritating to me but at the end my beloved German Championship of Athletics is/was recorded ... :-))

// chris

Edited by chris_ac