Problem with some DiseqC channels

ncoredump

hello

When the my satellite motor moves from astra/freesat on 28.2 to hotbird 13.0 it does not start buffering in KODI/DVBViewer addon.. you have to switch to another channel (on same sat) then back again.. but it always starts buffering when you move from hotbird to astra successfully first time all I can think is that it locks on quicker to Astra 2D

Things I have tried:

I have tried setting the backend to stop streaming while tuning

I have tried to set a delay before switching channel - in kodi live streaming settings

I have had a look and tried a few things with kodis/xmbc/pvr.dvbviewers code and nothing there seems to be able to help

I have tried In the DVBViewer app it self and it does eventually start to buffer/play but it take quiet a while *unreasonably long*

All I can conclude is that the problem must lie in the back end it self some part of the code needs to perhaps allow more time before attempting to start the stream and also keep attempting to restart the streams buffering (if it is diseqc positioned channel)

many thanks I await your response

status update: After some more tinkering and researching, I realized how two issues are kind of connected .. I think I have a semi reasonable interpretation of whats happening

Firstly I wanted to elaborate a bit more on my setup ...

40cm dish wtih monoblock LNB -->

unknown maplins dish motor

Labgear LDU604G/S 4G home distribution unit-->

TwoWay Spliter --> front room --> backroom

high quality Tripplex sockets -->

TBS 6985 quad tunner -->

high quality coax through out with good quality f-connectors every single one has been freshly installed and checked by myself my hotbird(13,0) Technomate STB is happy but it does not need to do diseqc moving of dish .. as soon as I move my dish any where near 13east it lights up like a champ

1) I think my motors orientation is out by 0.5-1 degree *I'll explain more at the end about this*

2) my locations or motor positions stored in the motor, That are only stored in because shiboPVR provided me a method to dial in the transponders eg: allowing me to drive the sat and explore channels discovered on a given transponder at the same time, and Most importantly differentiates between 28.2E(ASTRA) and 28.5E (FREESAT), only problem is schibo plays around with the dish once it knows about a certain satellite / location and when it is then selected, every time you make an adjustment you either have to keep it or come out the screen at which point schibo re-aligns the dish back to the preset position .. only a little bit frustrating :) but atleast you can actually get a motorized dish configured - a job made near impossible as the only vendor specific tool I know of for my TBS card is there in house ipDATA utility which will let you scan but it

A. unfortunately opens the DVB interface and then other software cant work properly / stable so that is another area of the greater over all problem

B. only shows a lock on transponder for literally 1 sat and that is in the direction of hotbird ( i guess that is some SAT-ISP )

3) I realized I could not discover more>movies / movies4men /somehd channels.. in DVBViewer I could not understand why

I searched for the frequencies on the internet and sent dvbviewers scan frequency tool forward.. no channels found .. Strange ..

So I tried to manually scan every single known *to DVBViewer* frequency for moremovies / movies4men/other hd channels .. no dice ??? Tried Unknown chan frequencies .. *theres lots village idiots/out of date webpages on the internet when it comes to this.. any way you will know its unknown as DVBViewer will not have a number for the frequency on that sat*** ...still could not find ...

so I was once again kind of stuck with the last little hurdles in sight ... so I continued to research this time... I found out that some of the channels are actually morely located at 28.5 rather then 28.2!! and a satellite transponder list for 28.5 does not exist in DVBViewer .. a eureka moment!

So I went back to dvbviewers scanner and put the starting frequency much lower I just rounded it down to 10000 and the ending freq rounded up to 13000 and sent it forth again in 'scan range' mode this time it returned with a whole heap of extra channels including the missing freesat ones ok I thought sorted!! ..or so I thought continue reading :(:)

now this is the slightly weird part as well...

schiboPVR is in diseqc positions #2 for freesat sees the missing chans in its transponder explorer.. so I stored the motor pos into POS: #3 for good measure

added the newly discovered chans to favourties set the diseq mode to positioning and gave it POS #3

load up kodi saw that all was good can change to all channels every thing seamed sweet did not want to test motoring to hotbird it was late the dish is fairly noisy *claims to be ultra quiet lol*

woke up this morning .. first thing I did was test my setup again so I fired up kodi started to go through channels .. and test hotbird guess what it drives over there just fine and switches the channel over like silk .. good but then urrgh.. when switching to newly added chan noticed some channels where not loading and some where not the even right channel at all any more .. I was LIKE grr really?

So I figured my dish must of some how moved a tiny bit over night with the heavy rains and so I tried to edit the diseqc settings and angularly position the channel and gave it 28.5 still no dice .. was kind thinking I would have to rethink every thing but just as a stab in the dark I tried settings the angular pos to 29.0 figuring the dish could of gone out of alignment.. and WHAM 28.5's channels are suddenly working perfectly .. nice stabbing the dark work lool

how ever alll the channels I added where no longer the correct channels so I had to remove them from favs and add them again

and that is just the weirdness of it all the original problem seems to have corrected it self as a result of going down this rabbit hole

any way I hope we can get some where from this

Edited by ncoredump