Newbies how to setup DVBViewer First time

e123enitan

Hi All- I am new to this forum, so I will appreciate all your helps/supports to get my system running.

For a start I purchased my DVBViewer (DV) license :original: last week.

I am currently watching North America TV’s, my satellite dishes are facing, 110.0w, 119w, 129w and 97 w(19/Ku), everything is working fine on my Dreamlink box.

DreamLink lacks backend/streaming functionality to clients on local area network, hence I make the decision to invest HTPC which currently host all my media server configured perfectly to four Kodi clients and other client either on hardwire of wifi.

Therefore is clear what my objective is, to discontinue Dreamlink and implement DV as backend for all my clients on local network

Summary of Hardware/software and TV Cards

HTPC: Windows 7, 64bit SPI, Intel Xeon CPU E5620, 2.40Ghnn, 6GB Ram

TV Card: TBS 6985 tuners.

WD NAS Ex4

Before I go any further, quick question:

Do I need separate licence for each client or not,

and what is max number that a single licence DV can supports on a local network?

That being said, I have download and installed DV 5.5.0 and everything seems fine, I could see that it recognised the 4 tuners, also I did install TransEdit 3.9.60, just browsed through to familiarized myself with UI, but nothing changed, but a for a starter it looks like a a rocket science :shocked:

So, for a start, I need help to configured DV for above transponders to generate channels.

I hope the above info should help to get me started, please let me know additional info if required.

Thanks All

my satellite dishes are facing, 110.0w, 119w, 129w and 97 w(19/Ku)

Far out... from the European point of view.

For scanning and finding channels you first need a transponder list for each satellite position that you want to receive. Unfortunately I coudn't find ready-made transponder lists for these satellite positions in the web, so it looks like some manual work will be necessary. This is what TransEdit is made for.

First create an empty list: File -> New List -> Satellite. Then enter the orbital position and a name on the left side of the TransEdit main window (110 W, EchoStart 10,11). Click Apply on the left side.

Then have a look at this site:

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/Dish-USA-110W.html

I found it by searching with Google for LyngSat 110. Now you need to successively enter the data for each transponder. Lets start with the first one (12224 R): Enter the LyngSat data for this transponder on the right side of the TransEdit main window

12224 as Frequency

H or V as Polarisation (dunno which one corresponds to R, you need to try)

20000 as Symbolrate (SR)

7/8 as FEC

Auto or QPSK as modulation (just a guess - most likely correct)

and click Add. It should look like this:

Zwischenablage01.png

Now you can try to scan this transponder by clicking Scan Selected. If it works, repeat the procedure for each frequency resp. transponder listed on LyngSat for 110° W. Then create lists for the other satellite positions...

That's basically how to start. However, there are open questions, particularly which mechanism is provided by your outdoor equipment for selecting the satellite orbital position - usually it's DiSEqC. Maybe you can tell a bit more about it...

• Like 1

Far out... from the European point of view.

For scanning and finding channels you first need a transponder list for each satellite position that you want to receive. Unfortunately I coudn't find ready-made transponder lists for these satellite positions in the web, so it looks like some manual work will be necessary. This is what TransEdit is made for.

First create an empty list: File -> New List -> Satellite. Then enter the orbital position and a name on the left side of the TransEdit main window (110 W, EchoStart 10,11). Click Apply on the left side.

Then have a look at this site:

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/Dish-USA-110W.html

I found it by searching with Google for LyngSat 110. Now you need to successively enter the data for each transponder. Lets start with the first one (12224 R): Enter the LyngSat data for this transponder on the right side of the TransEdit main window

12224 as Frequency

H or V as Polarisation (dunno which one corresponds to R, you need to try)

20000 as Symbolrate (SR)

7/8 as FEC

Auto or QPSK as modulation (just a guess - most likely correct)

and click Add. It should look like this:

attachicon.gifZwischenablage01.png

Now you can try to scan this transponder by clicking Scan Selected. If it works, repeat the procedure for each frequency resp. transponder listed on LyngSat for 110° W. Then create lists for the other satellite positions...

That's basically how to start. However, there are open questions, particularly which mechanism is provided by your outdoor equipment for selecting the satellite orbital position - usually it's DiSEqC. Maybe you can tell a bit more about it...

Thanks for your quick response, Awesome, as navigate through the system I saw this page, but I wasn't sure the vaiable to include in each box so left it alone, I shall give this Go when I get home and keep you posted.

Cheers!

P.S. Additionally the Local Oscillator Frequency (LOF) of your LNB is important. If you know it, enter it as LOF1 and LOF2 on the left side of the TransEdit main window and click Apply. If you don't know it you will have to find it out...

• Like 1

P.S. Additionally the Local Oscillator Frequency (LOF) of your LNB is important. If you know it, enter it as LOF1 and LOF2 on the left side of the TransEdit main window and click Apply. If you don't know it you will have to find it out... I will figure this out-Thanks

Also could it be possible, if use the output from satelites-xml.org

http://satellites-xml.org/index.php?search_type=choose&range%5Beast%5D=450&range%5Bwest%5D=-300&coordinates%5Blat%5D=515&coordinates%5Blon%5D=-15&choose%5B%5D=-970&choose%5B%5D=-1100&choose%5B%5D=-1190&choose%5B%5D=-1290&options%5Bband%5D=Ku&options%5Btransponders%5D=active&options%5Bsystem%5D=both&options%5Bencoding%5D=iso-8859-1&captcha=6100&submit=Download+satellites.xml

with such output and copy paste in to DVBViewer somehow, this would save a lot of time or it not doable?

<sat name="110.0W DirecTV 5 & EchoStar 10/11" flags="0" position="-1100">

<transponder frequency="12224000" symbol_rate="20000000" polarization="3" fec_inner="5" system="0" modulation="1" />
<transponder frequency="12239000" symbol_rate="20000000" polarization="2" fec_inner="5" system="0" modulation="1" />
<transponder frequency="12253000" symbol_rate="20000000" polarization="3" fec_inner="5" system="0" modulation="1" />
<transponder frequency="12268000" symbol_rate="20000000" polarization="2" fec_inner="3" system="0" modulation="1" /
Cheers

That's a different format. Looks like XML. TransEdit and DVBViewer require transponder lists as *.ini file.

Maybe you can post in some US forum like SatelliteGuys and ask for help / information / transponder lists. Maybe there are members who know your kind of equipment and are already receiving the satellite positions with TransEdit / DVBViewer. At least there are some members who are using TransEdit (search with Google for site:www.satelliteguys.us TransEdit).

• Like 1

That's another format. Looks like XML. TransEdit and DVBViewer require transponder lists as *.ini file.

Maybe you can post in some US forum like SatelliteGuys and ask for help / information / transponder lists. Maybe there are members who know your kind of equipment and are already receiving the satellite positions with TransEdit / DVBViewer. At least there are some members who are using TransEdit (search with Google for site:www.satelliteguys.us TransEdit).

Thanks, I am just wondering. I will go by your approach.

The other questions is howmany clients I can link to the DV server ot I am wrong to think DV works as server?

The Recording Service (a DVBViewer add-on) does. You get it for free if you have purchased DVBViewer. The number of clients is not limited. However, I wouldn't install it now. First try to get TransEdit and DVBViewer going.

• Like 1

The Recording Service (a DVBViewer add-on) does. You get it for free if you have purchased DVBViewer. The number of clients is not limited. However, I wouldn't install it now. First try to get TransEdit and DVBViewer going -thanks for making this clear, that is my priority for now, being able to get channels working.

P.S. Additionally the Local Oscillator Frequency (LOF) of your LNB is important. If you know it, enter it as LOF1 and LOF2 on the left side of the TransEdit main window and click Apply. If you don't know it you will have to find it out...

sample of DREAMLINK BOX settings, so how do I translate these into DVBViewer, some are obvious, but not 100% certain about the correct settings for DiSEqc & LOF.

Thanks for your help I hope this info helps

TP LNB Freq Polaio Fec DVB-S Modul LNB LNB DiSEqc DiSEqc Legacy SW

Power Type SW 1.0 SW 1.1

110° 20000 11250 H 7/8 DVB-S QPSK ON Single 2 off off

110° 20000 11250 V 7/8 DVB-S QPSK ON Single 2 off off

129° 21500 11250 H 2/3 DVB-S 8PSK ON Single 1 off off

129° 21500 11250 V 2/3 DVB-S 8PSK ON Single 1 off off

119° 20000 10750 V 7/8 DVB-S QPSK ON Single 3 off off

119° 21500 10750 H 2/3 DVB-S 8PSK ON Single 3 off off

Edited by e123enitan