Duplicate Channels?!

Peter Cashen

Hi All,

I've just moved from NextPVR to DVBViewer.

NextPVR used to 'Merge channels with the same name', so I'd only see one entry in the EPG or channel list.

I cannot work out how to do this in DVBViewer, so at the moment I have, for example, 6 entries for Channel 4, all with different 'PIDs and SIDs' The SIDS are 9212-16.

Is there anyway to resolve this?

Peter

Forgot to mention.

I'm using a dual tuner card, so DVB-S x 2.

The channels are NOT split across DVB-S and DVB-T...

A feature?

I have 16 entries for 'ITV'?! Ha!

Should I just delete 15 of them???

Edited by Peter Cashen

Yeah same here...

I deleted the ones that were NAR language.

But just 'ITV' alone there are a lot - 16.

I use Kodi as a front end, and EPG Collector. The EPG is only populated on one of the 16 channels, so I ideally want it down to 1 channel or epg on all 16?

I don't have Kodi. The organisation of the channel list is not very sophisticated in DVBV. You can use the channel editor to create different roots (e.g. a root called ITV). But services of different DVB types (C, S and T) will always have different roots. Different audio tracks are listed as different entries in the channel list. This is really odd but the channels.dat stems from the last century :innocent:

The EPG is only populated on one of the 16 channels

all should show the EPG if you can receive them..

Don't delete them, you'll just have the hassle of them appearing again when you rescan. I have two folders, one main that contains one my local regional variant or the one which has the most distinct channels on the transponder to allow me to record more channels at the same time - the rest are dumped in a regional folder.

Look at setting up Favorites, it makes life a lot easier and you can just include the channels you want and put them in order more easily.