What can I do to stop a recording but not delete its recurring timer?

Kiwi8

You can deactivate the timer. In DVBViewer Timer Window, untick the entry timer for the timer in the list. In RS Webinterface you can click on the blue/red dot in front of the timer.

The timer will stay and it will also switch to the next valid date, after the time is run out. You have to manually activate it again for the next show.

Probably the best is to deactivate the timer, edit the date to be in the future and activate the timer again.

Or (admittedly a rather well hidden feature ;) ):

In the DVBViewer Pro menu go to TV/Radio -> Recording Statistics. There (in the Recording Status tab) you can right-click on the recording you want to stop and choose 'Stop Timer' from the context menu.

The status of the timer will then change to 'Waiting' and the date will be changed to the next scheduled recording once the programmed end time has been reached.

The way Moses describe should work in the RS as well. There you have to click on the the icon in front of the timer.

In the DVBViewer Pro menu go to TV/Radio -> Recording Statistics. There (in the Recording Status tab) you can right-click on the recording you want to stop and choose 'Stop Timer' from the context menu.

In my tests this hasn't worked with recordings in the RS.

Oh, I did not realise what RS was.

Ok I am now able to stop the recording.

I would like to express my appreciation to all of you who helped a newbie out. :)