TransEdit: preview "get signal status"

userip

Hi,

I'm using last beta of TransEdit with a Silicondust HDHomeRun DVB-T device, and I have this problem: when I select one channel for preview in TE after some time the channel stops. After some review, I noted that the device auto-closes the connection if no messages are sended to it. Then I suggest that the "preview window" also request the "signal status" of the device. With this command sended to the BDA driver the device will maintain the streaming open.

Please, can you incorporate this?

Thank you!

• 5 months later...

Hi,

No one interested on this functionality? I feel some other devices and/or drivers has this limitation. Please, add a simple get of "signal status" for "keep-alive" the tuner.

Thank you!

In case of HDHomerun devices (with a BDA driver as wrapper for a network connection) our software requests the signal status only once after tuning (otherwise it doesn't work at all, I guess), except if the signal strength / quality is displayed and thus updated periodically, like in the TransEdit Analyzer.

So if it's true what you have found out recordings in DVBViewer with playback switched off in the main window will also stop after some time. Can you confirm this issue? If yes it's a problem that has to be solvered generally, not only in TransEdit.