recording service 1.31.0.0 timer problem

Hi Guys

Can you help please?

I have just updated to recording service 1.31.0.0

I have created two new timers by searching the EPG, highlighting the program and clicking record button.

When I go to the timers page/form, I want to edit the new timer to correct the title, add it to a series and tick boxes to make it repeat Monday-Friday.

When I save and check it again, it has not saved the changes.

I could make these changes with 1.30 no problem.

I am using Chrome (as I was with 1.30).

I found svctimers.xml and have given everyone and users full permission, but never had to check this before.

If I manually edit the file, it is not reflected in the timers form - even after a refresh.

Also a feature request please...

Is it possible to target a specific folder to record files to?

At the moment its set to auto. My other option is simply "d:\recorded tv" I have some sub-folder I would like to target if possible?

Thanks for any help

I can go back to 1.30 if I need to.

Tony

Edited by xtonys

I found svctimers.xml and have given everyone and users full permission, but never had to check this before.

If I manually edit the file, it is not reflected in the timers form - even after a refresh.

Manual edits to svctimers.xml will only work, if recording service is not running. Otherwise they will just be overwritten.

Also a feature request please...

Is it possible to target a specific folder to record files to?

At the moment its set to auto. My other option is simply "d:\recorded tv" I have some sub-folder I would like to target if possible?

You can add multiple folders in the options (accessed from the tray icon) and they will show up there. But for subfolders youncan also type them in the filename field before the filename, using a \ as delimited. You can also let the RS automatically create folders for you, like this:

%series\%event [%date-%time] - (von %station)

This will place recordings in a folder which is named after the "series" field of a timer (which you manually fill in, so this makes more sense for automatically created timers from epg searches). There are a lot of options for this. See the wiki for more information on this.