DishNet-Scan channels missing Channels name and Provider

e123enitan

Could someone help, I am using the latest version of DVBViewer 5.5.0,

on the transedit scanner windows, I scanned for DishNet on Echostar 110w, the process populates 300+ channels, what surprised me is that, filed name instead of displaying the true channel name, it has service as discription with series of numbers after also the provider field is blank.

However, when I scanned for Galaxy 19 @ 97 west all the channels displayed with correct providers and proper channels names.

What I am missing in EchoStar 110w settings

Pls see attached

support.zip

• Like 1

Congratulations. Obviously you made it work :)

instead of displaying the true channel name, it has service as discription with series of numbers after also the provider field is blank.

There was a report some years ago saying that Dishnet requires an extremely high SDT timeout, if I remember it correctly - see TransEdit -> Settings -> Scanner -> SDT Timeout. Set it to 60000 ms = 60s and try again. However, with this setting the scan will take quite some time...

The reason is an exotic (= Non-European :)) SDT handling. SDT is the Service Description Table containing channel and provider names. AFAIK all information for several satellites is packed into a single SDT that is broadcasted on each transponder. That's why it takes so much time to be transmitted. Dishnet-aware scanners receive it only once and then apply it to all following transponders, which means, the first transponder takes a long time, and all subsequent transponders are scanned very fast. Unfortunately TransEdit isn't Dishnet-aware.... we can't receive it, and it's difficult to implement things that can't be tested.

Thanks, but it was a pain, I have to joggled LOF's numbers for DishNet to get resonable channels, although 97w was easy as this unversal settings, I can preview channels easily.

Not yet perfect but I am getting there gradually, with your supports I am surr soon it will be perfect, once I am thorugh with channels name and Logo, the next pahse is LAN streaming.

There was a report some years ago saying that Dishnet requires an extremely high SDT timeout, if I remember it correctly - see TransEdit -> Settings -> Scanner -> SDT Timeout. Set it to 60000 (where in Transedit do I make this change)

ms = 60s and try again. However, with this setting the scan will take quite some time...

That being said, are you suggesting that, changing the SDT Timeout would resolve the issue? let me give it a try and keep you posted.

Thanks for your kind supports and pls be patient with me, I am a slow learner :shocked:

The reason is an exotic (= Non-European :)) SDT handling. SDT is the Service Description Table containing channel and provider names. AFAIK all information for several satellites is packed into a single SDT that is broadcasted on each transponder. That's why it takes so much time to be transmitted. Dishnet-aware scanners receive it only once and then apply it to all following transponders, which means, the first transponder takes a long time, and all subsequent transponders are scanned very fast. Unfortunately TransEdit isn't Dishnet-aware.... we can't receive it, and it's difficult to implement things that can't be tested.

ScannerSettings.png

Thanks, but it was a pain, I have to joggled LOF's numbers for DishNet to get resonable channels, although 97w was easy as this unversal settings, I can preview channels easily.

Not yet perfect but I am getting there gradually, with your supports I am surr soon it will be perfect, once I am thorugh with channels name and Logo, the next pahse is LAN streaming.

There was a report some years ago saying that Dishnet requires an extremely high SDT timeout, if I remember it correctly - see TransEdit -> Settings -> Scanner -> SDT Timeout. Set it to 60000 (where in Transedit do I make this change)

ms = 60s and try again. However, with this setting the scan will take quite some time...

That being said, are you suggesting that, changing the SDT Timeout would resolve the issue? let me give it a try and keep you posted.

Thanks for your kind supports and pls be patient with me, I am a slow learner :shocked:

Got it

ScannerSettings.png