All channels work with DVBVPro, One satellite not visible to SVC

John Underwood

Environment: 2 satellites, one for 19.2 (Germany) the other 28.2 (UK). Both have quad LBNs and 8 coax cables connect to an EMP-Centauri switch (the terrestrial connection is unused). A Windows 2012 Esssentials server manages a network of which only three clients are relevant. being fitted with TBS 6982 (or 1) DVB S/S2 Dual BDA cards. Two of these are mainly used to watch recordings from the third but the can also be used for live viewing or emergency recordings (e.g. when the only five programmes we want to watch this week all occur at about the same time. Although these two suffer from the same problem my concern is the third: the TV Server whose role is the scheduled recordings.

TV Server (Name: BAM)

Mainboard: Intel DH67CF, Intel® H67 Express Chipset

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics. Version: 9.17.10.4229 (27/05/2015)

TV card: TBS 6982 DVB S/S2 Dual BDA: Driver version: 1.0.0.6 (08/07/2014)

HDD: 2TB (not over-resourcing, we have just upgraded a RAID array. No point in spending money to have a smaller disk!)

his computer normally operates headlessly (no screen or keyboard) controlled by RDP. (Exceptionally a keyboard and small screen can be attached, e.g. to follow a boot operation).

THE PROBLEM

I can view all my favourites, UK or German when using DBViewer Pro without the Service. There is one problem which may be connected with my main one: If, when I open DBViewer, the last channel was a UK one, it does not show a picture. Swap to a German one and back and everything works OK.

I appear to be able to record any channel but have not established if this is an occasional event. I have not tried watching and/or recording two channels simultaneously.

The Recording Service seems to be incapable of recording any UK (28.2) channels though, at least sometimes, records a German (19.2) one. As scheduled, the DVViewer web interface shows the recording details in the status screen but with no data traffic. The file is created with a length of 0 and after a few seconds disappears and a new one appears.

Any help would be gratefully received (and I realise it could be/probably is a diseqc matter).

support.zip