Unable to play TV on client machine Err "No Hardware Found"

e123enitan

Hi Both DVBViewer Pro and server recoding are woking fine on my server computer.

So I installed another DVBViewer Pro on another computer which on LAN, both client and server connections established OK, as I was able to import my favourities channel from server machine to client machine.

But when I tired to play any of those channels in the client, I get an error message No Hardware found, what steps have I missed?

Thanks for your supports

Pls see attached Log

support.zip

From your hardware.xml (you know it already...)

<entry name="DVBServerIP">127.0.0.1</entry>

You have configured the Unicast Device for a Recording Service on the same PC (where DVBViewer is running as remote client). 127.0.0.1 is "localhost". However, as far as I can see there is no Recording Service installed.

Why don't you use Help -> Recording Service Wizard? Delete the Unicast Device and try - the Wizard will add virtual RTSP (Sat>IP) devices, which is the more up-to-date technique.

• Like 1

From your hardware.xml (you know it already...)

You have configured the Unicast Device for a Recording Service on the same PC (where DVBViewer is running as remote client). 127.0.0.1 is "localhost". However, as far as I can see there is no Recording Service installed.

Why don't you use Help -> Recording Service Wizard? Delete the Unicast Device and try - the Wizard will add virtual RTSP (Sat>IP) devices, which is the more up-to-date technique.

Nice, I shall give it a Go! when I get home-Thanks

Sorry I have to reopen issue where I am not able to play TV ( DVBViewer Pro on server machine) something must have changed it doesn't seem obvious to me, I am guessing it could be a conflict between client/server hardware setup. but I have attached log.

Thanks for your help.

Most likely you need to repeat the DiSEqCCount tweak in the file svchardware.xml that is located in the configuration folder sub-directory named "config". DVBViewer and Recording Service have their own hardware configuration file.

Maybe we should set DiSEqCCount for TBS tuners by default to 2. You are not the first one who encounters this issue. ;)

If some of your tuners are unused (not connected to a dish) it is recommendable to set them to "do not use" in the recording service options (svcoptions.exe) that can be launched from the RS tray icon menu (right-click it).

Most likely you need to repeat the DiSEqCCount tweak in the file svchardware.xml that is located in the configuration folder sub-directory named "config". DVBViewer and Recording Service have their own hardware configuration file.

Maybe we should set DiSEqCCount for TBS tuners by default to 2. You are not the first one who encounters this issue. ;)

If some of your tuners are unused (not connected to a dish) it is recommendable to set them to "do not use" in the recording service options (svcoptions.exe) that can be launched from the RS tray icon menu (right-click it).

OK I will and post results -Thanks

OK I will and post results -Thanks

--Update

Made following Changes

*In the RS

changed default Disqec count is set to 2 in svcoptions.exe,

turned-off 3 tuners not in use.

* In the DVD Pro Client on the same machine as the RS

Hardware set to use RSTP, turn off all tuners

Conclusion streaming between the Server > Client appears stable.

*DVB Pro Client on a separate machine seems not to work despite ensuring the setting is consistent with DVB Pro client on server machine exception URL address, this I am not too border about as I am using Kodi as a client.

However, I had successes in connecting FIVE Kodi PVR DVB clients with easy to the RS server

Both server machine and clients are all hardwired, what I noticed is while watching TV on all

Changing channel on client is a bit slow, ANYWAY to tweak the server to make the process faster?

Also, I can only turned to same channel in ALL the clients, is that due to the fact that I am using one turner or a change has to be made to server to allow multiple channel changes in one tuner.

I am grateful for your time and supports, the progress made so far have been impressive, although I am still in the learning process, I am sure overtime I shall be comfortable with the program and use less of your time.

Thanks

Attached is the latest log, pls let me know if something looks illogical

l

Do you intentionally quote your own complete posts? If yes, please tell why. If no, I will delete this noise.

Yes intentionally, I was hoping for answer to the concern on slow channels change, however I as dig further into the subject I came a crossed this link which helps to cleared my concern, well feel free to delete as you see fit-Thanks

DVB Pro Client on a separate machine seems not to work despite ensuring the setting is consistent with DVB Pro client on server machine

Maybe a firewall blocks UDP traffic? Try to switch over to TCP (Options -> Hardware -> Select first RTSP Device -> Settings -> Protocol TCP -> OK -> OK).

Also, I can only turned to same channel in ALL the clients, is that due to the fact that I am using one turner

Yes. However, you should be able to receive different channels that are located on the same transponder (same frequency). One frequency per tuner, that's how it works...

I can tell you nothing about Kodi, because I don't have it and I don't know it.

• Like 1

Maybe a firewall blocks UDP traffic? Try to switch over to TCP (Options -> Hardware -> Select first RTSP Device -> Settings -> Protocol TCP -> OK -> OK).

Yes. However, you should be able to receive different channels that are located on the same transponder (same frequency). One frequency per tuner, that's how it works...

I can tell you nothing about Kodi, because I don't have it and I don't know it.

Thanks for the clarification :original:

Just noticed:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/56768-nicely-done/?p=432662

RS 1.31 enables much faster channel switching with Kodi if you are using UPnP / HTTP. According to your latest support.zip you are using 1.30.1.

Update: The upload mistake has been corrceted. 1.31 is now available under "Main Apllication" and 1.30.1 under "Older Versions".

Edited by Griga

Just noticed:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/56768-nicely-done/?p=432662

RS 1.31 enables much faster channel switching with Kodi if you are using UPnP / HTTP. According to your latest support.zip you are using 1.30.1.

Update: The upload mistake has been corrceted. 1.31 is now available under "Main Apllication" and 1.30.1 under "Older Versions".

Thanks for the follow, any idea how configured the two using upnp? Or any literaturate I can refer to.

Cheers!

Thanks for the follow, any idea how configured the two using upnp? Or any literaturate I can refer to.

Cheers!

I have the UpNp connect between dvb/kodi, execpt it isnt connected through DVBViewer pvr, this a limition in coz no picon/epg is upload, except someone diff opinion.

Alternative would be after adding upnp channels through kodi video option these DVBViewer channels could be saved as favourite which could be incorporate with Ivue or FTV Guide I havent try this option yet but it is concept I have tried with IPTV addon.

In short i agreed switching through upnp is faster, thanks for pointing this option to knowledge.

Cheers

Edited by e123enitan