Recording 2 or more channels

zooey

Hi. I am using DVBViewer for few years and i have one, maybe stupid question. I have proof 7301 and i want to record 2 (or more) channels from same transponder at the same time. But soft don't allow me. I dont know why... I am also using linux tuner VU and there i can record as many channels from the same transponder as i wish.. Here - not...

I want to change my card to TBS6991 DUAL and i have doubts about this recording. In new card i will be able to record 2 channels from different transponders at the same time?

Maybe stupid question but for me recording channels from the same transponder is logic but it doesnt work here, on DVBViewer..

Maybe DVBViewer does not recognize the channels as being located on the same transponder due to different settings, e.g. different DiSEqC. Check it in the channel list editor. Or delete the channels and re-scan. That should fix the issue.

I run some tests and i solve this. I can record 2 or more channels from the same transponder but ONLY if they are FTA...

Why this doesnt work with encrypted channels?

Edited by zooey
  • 3 months later...

refresh. any help?

in other software there is pip00, pip01 in plugins and it works, i can even record 5 programs from 1 transponder, how can i turn it on here and force DVBViewer to decrypt 2nd (and more) channels at the same time?

I use DUAL DVB card, TBS 6991. I would like to use both tuners at the same time (for example record from 1 transponder and watch something from other transponder). Is it possible? How?

EDIT

i found this tutorial http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/34013-can-i-run-DVBViewer-in-two-instances/#entry245602%C2'>

Edited by zooey

somehow my edit was cutted.. i wrote that i found solution on this forum but still there is a question, why you dont allow to record 2 (or more) channels from the same transponder at the same time?

It does make sense if you think about it: you have bought the right to view certain channels, but not all, so if you are allowed to watch channel A on a particular mux but not channel B on the same mux, it would be wrong for the software to allow you to watch both just because you have the right to watch one of them. We might think it a good idea but the software developers would soon get into trouble with the broadcasters if they allowed it.

I don't know much about using encrypted channels and maybe you're talking about being able to record two channels which you have access to but perhaps the software cannot tell that from the card so takes the safe approach.

Edited by SimonP

I have 100% legal access to polish platform NC+ and they are offering (and offered for a long time) only card, without their tuner. I am allowed to use this card in my own tuner, doest matter if it is enigma2 tuner or PC DVB-S2 card. When i am using this card it is possible to decrypt more than one channel at one moment and i can use it that way in other software and in e2 box (even in nc+ original tuner). I can use everywhere but not in DVBViewer... It is sad.. Why you use this kind of restrictions? I dont get it... Many countries has prepaid cards for basic channels (not paired with original tuner) and even they cant record 2 channels at same time..

Hi

If You are using CI card module for decrypting pay-tv channels, then You can't watch more than one pay-channel at the time.

It is restricted by CI module itself, not by DVBViewer. For watching two pay-tv channels at same time, you need two cards and card modules.

Or You can buy professional CI module, whitch is capable to descramble up to 4 or 8 channels simultaneusly, but these modules are expencive and quite rare at consumer market (used mostly by cable providers).

@Derrick, so i finnaly know, this is blocked by your soft.. Can i ask why? Strange :/ All other softcan decrypt more than 1 channel but not DVBViewer... As i said i have 100% legal card from my operator and they allow me to decrypt more than 1 channel at 1 time and i can use this card where i want.... Why soft block this basic functionality? Of course i dont use CI module, i use card in phoenix.

..it's not my software. I'm just a user like you ;)

This policy has been implemented ever since but there's an unofficial tweak called "MultiPID". Otherwise you have to use a different tv-application.

..not true. It's restricted by the DVBViewer.

That's not true and Derrick should know this better ...

The unofficial "MultiPID" tweak can be used to decrypt two channels on the same transponder. Not more ...

To decrypt more then 1 channel on different transponders you need digital devices hardware, which can decrypt up to 4 channels (depends on CAM).

Strange I use Recording Service with 2 tuners and can watch 2 pay-channels at the same time, but I know I had some problem when I was using a cam-module, so now I use [removed, violating forum rule §13] and it works much better.

The unofficial "MultiPID" tweak can be used to decrypt two channels on the same transponder. Not more ...

right, not more and that was the initial question of this thread. Ad not more was I referring to. ;)

• 4 months later...

To decrypt more then 1 channel on different transponders you need digital devices hardware, which can decrypt up to 4 channels (depends on CAM).
can you explain it more? I want to record the different Austrian TV Channels.

Now via DVB-T no problem but the will replaced by encrypt DVB-T2 soon. Now I have to switch to DVB-S.....

I run some tests and i solve this. I can record 2 or more channels from the same transponder but ONLY if they are FTA...
WOW does it realy work now???

If yes it would be perfect! I could record more channels with less TV card.

The only limitation while recording different stations is by the amount of installed hardware on your system. If the channels are located on the same transponder you can record them all with one device. If they are on different transponders, you need more than one tuner. When it comes to CI it's a bit more complicated. To decrypt channels you need a CI+CAM and there is no standardized API for such a hardware. Each vendor has its very own solution which had to become integrated in the DVBViewer. Some DVB adapters (resp. their API) offers the ability to decode more than one stations, others don't.

Christian