Stuttering

dogknees

I had DVB all set up and working for about 3 years, but then reloaded Windows 7 to resolve other isues and re-installed all my apps. Since then, the performance is terrible. Regardless of the signal strength, the video shows blocks of colour scattered about and the sound is glitchy. This is on all channels all the time. It's unwatchable.

I installed Windows 10 a few days ago, and set everything up again hoping it was some issue with the setup and that a clean install of Win 10 might restore things to a workable state. No such luck!

I have made no changes to the hardware, so it should work as well as it did on the original install of Windows 7. I still get full signal strength but it makes no difference.

I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be the option for using hardware decoding any more, so that could be part of the problem. I've update the driver for the GPU (ATI HD6900 Series) but can't locate the option to use hardware decoding in the latest version and Window 10 is somewhat "insistent" about updating them to the latest version.

Can anyone offer any suggestions where to start trying to fix the problem? It's really frustrating when you used to have perfect reception all the time and now have an unwatchable TV. The rest of the family are not impressed.

Thanks

Gordon

What about the Source Filter? Is it showing discontinuities?

I'm not sure where to find this.

With the LAV filters, I just downloaded them using the Download tool in the last few days so I thought they would be current. Also tried updating drivers for the card and Windows tells me they are up to date. I'll try it again.

Thanks

Gordon

Please see updated support.zip.

I've update DVBViewer Pro, LAV filters and card driver.

Restarted the PC and there is no change.

Thanks

Gordon

support.zip

Edited by dogknees

You still have LAV 0.64. Latest is 0.65.

You still have the 1.0.5.50 driver

Go http://www.comprousa.com/en/download/s800f.html and download the latest driver (1.0.5.52)

Have you tested any other receiver on the same cable? Do you have a good picture with it?

The card driver did it! Thank you so much. The "TV" hasn't worked for 3-4 months!

I had downloaded the right driver, but the install didn't overwrite the old one. Removed it entirely, rebooted and Windows found it and installed. It might not be a popular sentiment right now, but Windows 10 wasn't part of the problem!

I found the discontinuities line and it's all fine. No dropped frames, no other issues.

Thanks again.

Gordon

Glad it worked!

I have Windows 10 in my Server PC and have exactly zero issues with it. But I didn´t have issues with Vista, 7 and 8 at their respective lanches either, so maybe I´m just a lucky guy. :shiftyninja:

For my HTPC the upgrade is on hold until Intel manages to produce "working" graphic drivers.